You have questions. We have answers!
Application, i want to work for kohl’s. where do i start, i recently completed an application. when can i expect to hear back from kohl’s, i have a candidate account, but i am unable to login. who can reset my password.
- Start on the homepage of your candidate account
- Locate the link that states "Forgot Password"
- Enter the email address that you used to create your candidate account
- You will then receive an email with a link to reset your password
- Must contain at least 8 characters
- lower and upercase alphabetic character
- numeric character
- special character (e.g. ! @ $)
I'm already a Kohl's Associate. How do I apply?
I'm being considered for a corporate or field leadership position and have a question. who do i contact, i recently completed an application but my contact information is incorrect (i.e. phone number, email address). how can i update this information.
- Start on the homepage of your candidate account
- Log in with your email and password
- Scroll down to My Account on the right hand side, select the Update Contact Information button
- Edit the appropriate fields and select OK
- Update your contact information by accessing your myHR Portal
- Navigate to myhr.kohls.com
- Select Alumni, Spouses & Domestic Partners
- If you are a new user, select "New User" and fill out the appropriate sections
- Once logged in, select the "Verify Personal Information" tile
- Here you'll be able to update your phone number, email address, name, etc.
I recently received a reminder to schedule an interview but I can’t find my invite to schedule. How can I schedule my interview?
- Click here to login to your candidate account using your username and password
- Locate the My Tasks section. Here you'll see outstanding tasks.
- Click Start
- Follow the instructions to select an Event Date
The interview link I received via email gives me an error message. What should I do?
When you receive error messages, it usually helps to attempt the following:
- Switch from a phone/tablet to a laptop/desktop computer
- Change browser (e.g. from Chrome to Internet Explorer, or from Safari to Firefox)
- Disable pop-up blocking
Still no luck? Click here to contact us.
I recently interviewed with a store or distribution center but haven’t heard anything back yet. How do I follow up?
I have been invited to interview with a store or distribution center for an hourly position but none of the interview times work with my schedule. what should i do, i can’t make the interview date and time i scheduled online. what should i do.
- Click here to login to your candidate account
- Under My Scheduled Events , select the blue hyperlink
- Then select the Reschedule Event button
- Click here to send a message to our team
I am unable to locate my offer forms. What should I do?
- Locate the My Task section. Here you will see any outstanding tasks
- Click the Start button on each offer document listed
How do I send my completed offer forms to you?
- Locate the My Task section. Here you will see any outstanding tasks.
- Click the Start button on each offer document listed.
All forms are complete once there are no additional tasks listed under the My Task section. Once completed, your form(s) will be electronically submitted to our Talent Acquisition Team. That's it! There's no need to print the forms, bring them to the store, or email them as attachments.
I received an error message when I tried to complete my offer forms. What’s wrong?
I completed my offer forms. how do i know if you received them, i am choosing to decline my offer. how do i notify my location, i submitted my kohl’s consent forms. what is my next step, i have questions regarding my shift for an hourly distribution position. how can i find out which shift i will be working, orientation, i completed my background check profile and offer forms for a store or distribution center hourly position. when will i schedule my first day, i recently received a reminder to schedule an orientation with a store or distribution center for an hourly position. how can i schedule my first day, i can’t attend the orientation date and time i scheduled online. how do i reschedule.
If you have not received the confirmation email with first day information and your Orientation date is in the future
- You may reschedule yourself using your original scheduling link (from your orientation email)
- Then select the Reschedule Event button
- Click here to contact us
- We ask that new hires make every effort to keep the original orientation date and time they selected as we cannot always guarantee a reschedule.
What should I bring to orientation on my first day?
You’ll need to bring :
- Emergency contact information
- Bank routing and account number to set up direct deposit of your pay
- Documentation for the I-9 verification process, please see the I-9 acceptable documents form attached to your offer letter
- Minors Only: You may be required to bring in a valid work permit. Not having valid documentation may prevent you from starting to work, including attending orientation. Please contact your store manager if you’re unsure.
For a store hourly position, what should I wear on my first day?
- You have wide discretion in choosing the color, style, type, manufacturer, and material of your top. Non-graphic t-shirts, polo shirts, dress shirts, sweaters, long sleeves, and short sleeves - whether collared or collarless - are all acceptable.
- Denim jeans, capris, skirts, or business casual pants of any color
- Active (athletic/tennis), casual, fashion or open-heel shoes
- Kohl’s Lanyard
For a Sephora at Kohl's position, what should I wear on my first day?
Kohl’s is committed to ensuring a comfortable and professional work environment. Our associates' appearance plays an important part in our culture and reputation. All associates are expected to demonstrate good judgment and professional taste when dressing for work.Clothing and footwear should always be neat and not excessively worn. All Sephora at Kohl's stores Dress Code Guidelines: Dark Colored Tops (preferably black) Black Bottoms (black business casual pants or black denim are acceptable) Black Casual or Active Footwear What Kohl's Provides: Branded T-shirts Branded reusable face covering* Branded Lanyard Name badge Note: Associates in the state of New York may choose between the Kohl's-branded reusable face covering, Kohl's-provided disposable face covering or an associate-provided solid colored face covering. For CA, CO, MA, IL or Sephora at Kohl's stores ONLY Dress Code Guidelines: Dark Colored Tops (preferably black) Dark Colored Bottoms (preferably black, these may be business casual pants or denim). Black Casual or Active Footwear What Kohl's Provides: Branded T-shirts Branded reusable face covering* Branded Lanyard Name badge *** Requiring face coverings for store associates working in counties identified by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) , as a high risk of community transmission. Face coverings will continue to be required for both customers and associates in stores where locally mandated.
View all jobs
Check on submitted applications
Kohl’s Hiring Process: Job Application, Interview, and Employment
The hiring process at Kohl’s involves various stages, including the job application and interview processes that you must pass through to be employed by the Company.
Please, read on to learn about the Kohl’s recruitment process and increase your chances of gaining employment with the Company:
Kohl’s Company Overview
Kohl’s is one of the largest department stores and retail chains in the United States, with more than 1,500 locations.
The company is engaged in the sales of a vast collection of high-quality clothing and other fashion-related products.
It was founded by a Polish immigrant Maxwell Kohl who was the owner of a corner grocery store in the year 1927.
Kohl’s stores are in every state of America but Hawaii.
Moreover, Kohl’s has surpassed its largest competitor – J. C. Penney, which was the leading departmental store chain in the United States.
It is currently ranked among the largest retailers by revenue and retail sales. Also, the company has made itself one of the greatest names in the fashion industry.
The Kohl’s Hiring Process
Kohl’s usually finds and hires suitable candidates to its employee strength through an est6ablished process which consists of the following stages:
- The Job Application Process
The quickest way to make a job application at Kohl’s is by applying online through the company’s career portal, which is also the first stage of the company’s hiring process.
Simply visit kohlscareers.com, and then search for the position you wish to apply for.
The site will provide a large list of jobs so you can choose your preferred role. Once you have settled on the position of your choice, click the job’s title.
After clicking, you will be able to read the job’s description and the requirements to apply for it.
Move to the base of the page, click the highlighted Apply Now button and correctly follow any instruction that arises afterwards.
2. Assessment test
An assessment test is not officially part of Kohl’s hiring process. The recruiters have a way of screening applicants before inviting them for an in-person interview.
As an applicant, you will be notified to participate in any necessary screening process before you can proceed in the hiring process.
3. Interview Process
Kohl’s interview process varies, depending on the role. Most times, applicants are being interviewed by the hiring manager in the break room.
The interview mainly focuses on your approach to the role you are applying for.
It’s a process that helps the interviewer to know if you are fit and really have the requirements to perform the role efficiently.
The interview is also conducted to know your reactions to certain situations in your departments.
They usually discover all these from the way you answer specific questions.
Here are a few examples of the Kohl’s interview questions you may encounter:
- Why do you want to be a Kohl’s staff?
- Tell me about a time you went out of your way to get a job done.
- How can you simultaneously help two customers that need immediate help?
- Tell me about a time you were recognized for your good work performance.
- Do you have anything to ask me?
Most Kohl’s employees say that interview process is quite easy to pass, but that shouldn’t prevent you from preparing very well for it.
A very good preparation will give you an edge in passing the interview.
Here are some tips to aid your interview preparation:
- It is highly recommended to get yourself acquainted with the company’s corporate culture.
- You should visit the company’s official website – www.kohls.com and click on About Us to know what Kohl’s desires to get from employees.
- Try as much as possible to answer questions very briefly and confidently. You should only take enough time to answer a question, if it’s necessary.
There is usually an orientation conducted at Kohl’s for new employees. This process is quite stressful, according to some staffs.
During the orientation, you and other candidates will be in a conference, watching videos, and listening to instructors who will educate you on your role, the company’s culture, and how to deal with customers.
The whole process takes three days to complete.
Also, you will be taken around the building to get familiar with the working environment, as well as putting what you have learnt into practices.
How Long Does Kohl’s Hiring Take?
Unlike other companies, Kohl’s usually contacts applicants shortly after the interview. They don’t keep mute or take several weeks before responding to the applicants.
According to several employees at Kohl’s, you will be contacted in about two days after your interview.
You will be told the result of your interview, and if you will be recruited. If you don’t get a call in two days, you should definitely receive a response in a week.
Kohl’s Jobs and Careers
The jobs and careers you can apply for at Kohl’s are many; however, here are some of the major ones:
- Full-time sales lead: This employee is responsible for increasing sales and ensuring a very good experience for the company’s customers through relationship, knowledge of products, and operation execution. He or she also makes use of technology and the knowledge of products to direct the sales team.
- Part-time beauty advisor: This employee is responsible for creating and deepening customer loyalty, by appropriately meeting their beauty needs. He or she also acquaints customers with the knowledge of the company’s products, and then utilizing a consultative approach to aid them in choosing the right product that suits their needs.
- Full-time loss prevention supervisor: This employee has a responsibility in evolving company profitability through the development and maintenance of effective LP programs that minimize theft risk and increase associate awareness. He or she is also responsible for developing and implementing strategies to prevent theft.
- Full time retail sales associate: This individual does some of the duties of a full-time sales lead, and is also responsible for interacting with customers on the sales floor, maintaining the store, and using technology to support customer shopping experience.
- Store manager: This individual is responsible for developing recruitment plans for vital roles in the store. He or she also supervises the activities that take place in the store, and effectively work together with store executive team to build and execute associate retaining strategies.
- Full-time visual merchandiser: This employee is responsible for planning and performing proper execution of visuals (displays, mannequins, forms, graphics, and lighting). He or she is also responsible for maintaining a clean, neat, and well organized storage environment.
What to Expect Working at Kohl’s
At Kohl’s, employees are friendly and ready to offer assistance to themselves when needed. Long-term workers who are competent have likelihood of getting promoted and given increment in salary.
The company offers a very flexible working schedule, and does not prioritize employees over customers, even though some people think that’s not true.
However, working at Kohl’s requires commitment and professional approach to customers.
Employees who find it difficult to handle customers are considered to be very incompetent.
Getting some time off might not be approved sometimes even if you have a very tangible reason.
Kohl’s is a thriving establishment that has helped thousands of employees to secure a job and then build a successful career. The information provided in this article will aid applicants who are in pursuit for a job at Kohl’s.
The hiring process at Kohl’s is made available in details on this page, and there are specific directions on how to pass through the process successfully.
The correct application of this information can make you end up as a Kohl’s staff.