Creative writer Jobs in All Australia
Perform a job search, related searches.
- Willawong QLD 4110
- All Sydney NSW
- Noosa Heads QLD 4567
- South Melbourne VIC 3205
Receive new jobs for this search by email
Content writer/journalist -au.
This is a Full time job
Content Writer (Personal Finance)
- Hybrid role, work flexibly
- Be mentored by seniors with 20+ years experience
- Join a creative and fun team
- Creative role in Noosa Heads
- Growth & learning opportunities for career progression
Content Writer and Editor
- Be part of an innovative, creative, people centric culture!
- Great company benefits including generous share scheme & additional paid leave!
- AFR BOSS Best Places to Work finalist for 2023!
- Join a purpose led business where your content will make a difference EVERYDAY
- Fast growing Consultancy business | Business to Business content
- Attractive salary, staff benefits & a collaborative work environment
This is a Contract/Temp job
- Support the SEO content strategy for Forever New across all regions!
- Join a privately owned Global Retail Enterprise!
- Generous 40% employee discount and periodic family and friends’ discounts
Digital editor - peppermint magazine.
This is a Casual/Vacation job
- 12 Month Fixed Term opportunity
- Work within Australia’s leading Liquor retailer
- Produce market leading content for our premium wine brands
- Strong Work Culture
- Flexible Working Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Freelance Content Writer
- Remote anywhere in Australia
- Write amazing content!
Casual Content Producer
- Enjoy a balanced work arrangement with WFH flexibility
- Develop your career in a fun environment
- Put your communications and content writing skills into practice
Creative Copy Writer
- Global business of 50 years
- Parramatta location, NSW
- Office and Work from home role
JUNIOR COPY WRITER AND CONTENT MARKETER FOR HR TECH COMPANY - LEARN SEO & TECH!
- Creative Freedom
- Strong induction and team support
- Pioneering and challenging work
Career Success Facilitator | Resume Writer - Work from Home
Copywriter (cosmeceutical industry).
This is a Part time job
Audiobook Production & Editorial Assistant
- Opportunity to work for a global brand!
- Do you want to be the voice behind our digital presence?
- Great team culture and hybrid work environment
- Not your typical ‘in-house' copywriter role
- 6-month fixed-term contract - four days per week
- West Melbourne, with flexibility and work-from-home options
Courses that get you job-ready
- Industry recognised providers
- Experts in career related education
- Courses by industry
Skip to main content
- Skip to user menu
Creative writing Jobs
Found 137 jobs in this campaign.
Relevance Newest first
- Covent Garden, London (Greater)
- £36.85 p/hr, including pro-rata holiday and preparation time.
Are you a dynamic and creative tutor with a passion for poetry? Then join us to develop and teach on our poetry writing courses.
View details Poetry Tutors
- 4 days left
- Save Poetry Tutors You need to sign in or create an account to save
Head of Policy & Public Affairs
- London (Greater)
- £60,000 + benefits including pension, private medical and life assurance
- CREATIVE UK
We are looking for an experienced professional with an extremely strong public affairs, policy & research background.
View details Head of Policy & Public Affairs
- Save Head of Policy & Public Affairs You need to sign in or create an account to save
Safeguarding & Quality Officer
- Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Up to £26,343 per annum
- CREATIVE SUPPORT
Have you got good attention to detail and follow up? And do you want to be part of a dynamic and experienced team?
View details Safeguarding & Quality Officer
- Save Safeguarding & Quality Officer You need to sign in or create an account to save
Editor/Writer (Maternity Cover)
- Vauxhall, London (Greater)
- On application
- CULTURESHOCK MEDIA
We are looking for an experienced editor with a strong track record of arts reporting, interviewing & writing.
View details Editor/Writer (Maternity Cover)
- Save Editor/Writer (Maternity Cover) You need to sign in or create an account to save
Lower School Creative Arts Assistant Teacher
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- £29,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience and qualifications
- THE AMERICAN SCHOOL IN LONDON
ASL is seeking a passionate creative arts educator to join the primary school Kindergarten.
View details Lower School Creative Arts Assistant Teacher
- 7 days left
- Save Lower School Creative Arts Assistant Teacher You need to sign in or create an account to save
Health and Research Information Editor
- London office hybrid (EC1N 8TS) or Chesterfield office hybrid (S41 7TD)
- £31,500 per annum (London office-based), £29,400 per annum (rest of UK), + benefits
- Versus Arthritis
Seeking an experienced person to gather, write, edit & create excellent impactful content for our vital print & online health information.
View details Health and Research Information Editor
- Save Health and Research Information Editor You need to sign in or create an account to save
PR Associate Director / Junior Director - Highly creative & integrated B2B Tech role
- London (Central)
- Premier Resourcing
Associate Director/Junior Director required for a highly creative and integrated communications agency. My client is expanding their agency and we a
View details PR Associate Director / Junior Director - Highly creative & integrated B2B Tech role
- 17 days ago
- Save PR Associate Director / Junior Director - Highly creative & integrated B2B Tech role You need to sign in or create an account to save
Corporate Development Executive
- Hybrid – between home and office location (London)
- £30,000 – £33,500 per annum
- DEMENTIA UK
Join our creative and hard-working team as a Corporate Development Executive.
View details Corporate Development Executive
- Save Corporate Development Executive You need to sign in or create an account to save
Senior Talent Agent - Film/TV Production - £40k-£45k
- £40k-£45k (pro rata for part-time)
- HARRISON PURSEY MEDIA SPECIALISTS
This Talent Agency who work with below the line film/production talent is looking for an Agent to represent and grow their own roster of Clients.
View details Senior Talent Agent - Film/TV Production - £40k-£45k
- 20 days ago
- Save Senior Talent Agent - Film/TV Production - £40k-£45k You need to sign in or create an account to save
- Remote (occasional onsite attendance required for team meetings in Devon)
- £31,000 per annum
- NFP People on behalf of The Donkey Sanctuary
We are looking for a Copywriter to join the busy Fundraising department.
View details Copywriter
- Save Copywriter You need to sign in or create an account to save
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox:
Volunteer eBay Lister
- Home/Head Office at Tenovus Cancer Care, 1st Floor Jones Court, Womanby Street ,Cardiff, CF10 1BR
- TENOVUS CANCER CARE
We’re looking for some creative and resourceful volunteers to help us market some of the amazing donated stock though our digital platforms.
View details Volunteer eBay Lister
- Save Volunteer eBay Lister You need to sign in or create an account to save
- £22500 per annum
Our client are looking for a Marketing Assistant to join their busy Audiences department.
View details Marketing Assistant
- Save Marketing Assistant You need to sign in or create an account to save
Account Executive – Sports Fashion PR
- £24,000 – £27,000
- MEDIA CONTACTS
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a renowned sportswear, lifestyle and fashion PR agency. Working on an eclectic mix of well-known, internati...
View details Account Executive – Sports Fashion PR
- Save Account Executive – Sports Fashion PR You need to sign in or create an account to save
Senior Content Executive
- East London
- Competitive Salary
Senior Content Executive needed with strong copy & content creation plus exceptional relationship building skills. Office-based.
View details Senior Content Executive
- 16 days ago
- Save Senior Content Executive You need to sign in or create an account to save
Social Media & Digital Content Officer
- NIMAX THEATRES LTD
This role will oversee all of the Nimax and @sohoplace social media channels, including creating and developing content.
View details Social Media & Digital Content Officer
- Save Social Media & Digital Content Officer You need to sign in or create an account to save
PR Senior Account Executive
- Richmond upon Thames, London (Greater)
Do you love architecture? Want a role that offers variety and no two days the same? One day photo shoots, next writing compelling content?
View details PR Senior Account Executive
- Save PR Senior Account Executive You need to sign in or create an account to save
We are proud to be partnering with a grant giving and research organisation that focus on social well-being, education and social equality. They ar...
View details Communications Manager
- 6 days left
- Save Communications Manager You need to sign in or create an account to save
Account Manager- Consumer PR
Do you want to work for an award-winning PR agency? Do you want to be a part of the most influential and exciting campaigns in the industry? A full...
View details Account Manager- Consumer PR
- Save Account Manager- Consumer PR You need to sign in or create an account to save
Senior PR Executive
- £38000 - £40000 per annum
Opportunity for a Senior PR Executive with proven experience of media relations/working with journalists. Hybrid.
View details Senior PR Executive
- Save Senior PR Executive You need to sign in or create an account to save
Junior Account Executive
- £23-28k plus benefits
- ALEXANDER JAMES RECRUITMENT LTD
Graduates needed for a PR agency in Clerkenwell. Great training and career potential, along with a starting salary of £23-28k!
View details Junior Account Executive
- 13 days ago
- Save Junior Account Executive You need to sign in or create an account to save
- Log in
- Site search
A degree in creative writing allows you to develop your writing, research and creative thinking skills. You'll also gain skills that are useful in a range of other careers such as publishing, marketing, PR and teaching
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Advertising copywriter
- Arts administrator
- Creative director
- Digital copywriter
- Editorial assistant
- Higher education lecturer
- Magazine journalist
- Newspaper journalist
- Publishing copy-editor/proofreader
- Talent agent
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Academic librarian
- Digital marketer
- Film director
- Marketing executive
- Primary school teacher
- Public librarian
- Public relations officer
- Social media manager
- Web content manager
Remember that many employers accept applications from graduates with any degree subject, so don't restrict your thinking to the jobs listed here.
Building a portfolio of written work, especially any that you've had published, will help to evidence your writing skills and establish your reputation as a writer.
You can gain valuable experience by writing for your student newspaper or magazine, volunteering in schools, or getting involved with writers' groups. Also, try submitting work to journals or anthologies, entering competitions, performing at spoken word events or approaching local drama groups to see if they will use your scripts. This will boost your profile and help build your confidence.
To make yourself more employable, look for opportunities to gain some solid work experience. This could be in the form of paid administrative work for a company or volunteering, perhaps with a local charity helping them to promote the work they do.
You could also write speculatively to a number of businesses, including publishing houses and marketing firms, to ask if you could complete some short-term work experience or shadowing. This can have the advantage of getting you a foot in the door in a highly-competitive industry and could lead to a permanent position.
As well as creative talent and writing experience, you will also need perseverance and determination to succeed as a writer.
Search for placements and find out more about work experience and internships .
As a creative writing graduate you may work to establish yourself as a writer on a self-employed basis, either writing your own works, or writing for others in a freelance capacity.
Alternatively, you could find opportunities with a variety of employers, including:
- publishing houses or editorial/technical writing service companies
- advertising, marketing and public relations agencies, particularly in a copywriting capacity
- primary, secondary, further and higher education institutions
- media organisations and social media companies
- general businesses - in an administrative or general management position
- Civil Service, library or charitable organisations.
Find information on employers in marketing, advertising and PR , media and internet , teacher training and education , and other job sectors .
As a creative writing graduate you can develop your creative writing skills further by undertaking further study at Masters or PhD level. You can also specialise in an area such as screenwriting, the graphic novel, writing for young people, writing poetry, or writing and producing comedy.
Alternatively, you may want to undertake further vocational training in areas such as teaching, journalism, librarianship or publishing. Vocational courses allow you to study in an area in which you would like to have a career.
You may also want to consider further study in areas such as PR, marketing or advertising.
For more information on further study and to find a course that interests you, see Masters degrees and search postgraduate courses in creative writing .
What do creative writing graduates do?
One in ten (10%) creative writing graduates who are in employment in the UK are working in artistic, literary and media occupations, while 11% are working as sales, marketing and related associate professionals, 6% are teaching professionals and 5% are media professionals.
Find out what other creative writing graduates are doing 15 months after finishing their degrees in What do graduates do?
Graduate destinations data from the Higher Education Statistics Agency.
How would you rate this page?
On a scale where 1 is dislike and 5 is like
- Dislike 1 unhappy-very
- Like 5 happy-very
Thank you for rating the page