- PRO Courses Guides New Tech Help Pro Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Upgrade Sign In
- EDIT Edit this Article
- EXPLORE Tech Help Pro About Us Random Article Quizzes Request a New Article Community Dashboard This Or That Game Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- Browse Articles
- Learn Something New
- Quizzes Hot
- This Or That Game New
- Train Your Brain
- Explore More
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Log in / Sign up
- Computers and Electronics
- Maintenance and Repair
Last Updated: April 17, 2023 Fact Checked
This article was written by Luigi Oppido and by wikiHow staff writer, Nicole Levine, MFA . Luigi Oppido is the Owner and Operator of Pleasure Point Computers in Santa Cruz, California. Luigi has over 25 years of experience in general computer repair, data recovery, virus removal, and upgrades. He is also the host of the Computer Man Show! broadcasted on KSQD covering central California for over two years. This article has been fact-checked, ensuring the accuracy of any cited facts and confirming the authority of its sources. This article has been viewed 58,814 times.
Unblocking the Installer in Your Antivirus Suite
- If you're using Windows Security, which comes for free with Windows, type security into the search bar and then click Windows Security .
- The remaining steps will cover unblocking an installer with Windows Security, but your antivirus suite may have different menu options.
Deleting AppData and Reinstalling
- To be sure it's closed, press Control + Alt + Delete and click Task Manager . If you see a that the app is running, click to select it, and then click End Task .  X Research source
- Even if you've only tried installing the app and were not successful, you should still use this method before you try to install again.
- Click the folder once to select it. Don't open the folder—just select it for now.
- Hold down the Shift key as you press Delete .
- Click Yes .
- If you don't see this folder, just skip this step.
- Open the Windows menu and click the Settings gear.
- Go to Apps > Apps & features .
- Select the app and click Uninstall . If you don't see the app here, just move to the next step.
- Click Uninstall to confirm.
Repairing Microsoft Visual C ++ (Microsoft Teams)
- While this method is known to work for Teams, it may also resolve the same issue in other apps.
- If prompted, enter your administrator password to confirm.
Running the App as an Administrator
- To be sure it's closed, press Control + Alt + Delete and click Task Manager . If you see a process for the app running, click to select it, and then click End Task .
- If you're trying to fix a different app, you'll usually see that app right here in the folder you've opened. If not, look around for a file with the app's name—it may end with ".exe."
You Might Also Like
- ↑ https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/209099387--Windows-Installer-Errors
- ↑ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-10-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1b-dd59-949a9030f317
About This Article
1. Unblock the installer in your antivirus software. 2. Try deleting the app's folders in AppData and LocalAppData and then reinstalling. 3. Repair the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ in Apps & Features. 4. Run the app as an administrator. Did this summary help you? Yes No
- Send fan mail to authors