Share this page
Find the perfect PowerPoint presentation template
Bring your next presentation to life with customizable powerpoint design templates. whether you're wowing with stats via charts and graphs or putting your latest and greatest ideas on display, you'll find a powerpoint presentation template to make your ideas pop., presentations.
Help your data, insights, and recommendations make a statement with beautiful and easily customizable presentation templates.
Celebrate accomplishments big and small with customizable certificate templates. From gift certificates to awards for finishing a course or training, find a template that highlights their accolades.
Boost visibility for your show, project, or business with easily customizable poster templates. Find templates for all your promotion needs and make them uniquely yours in a flash.
Keep track of whatever you need to in style. From personal planning to promotional calendars, find templates for every kind of project and aesthetic.
Say more with less using helpful and easily customizable infographic templates. Add clarity to business presentations, school projects, and more with these helpful templates.
Start with the best PowerPoint templates
Elevate your storytelling
Tips, tricks, and insider advice from our business and design experts
A quick way to create beautiful, powerful PowerPoint presentations
Create captivating, informative content for PowerPoint in just a few minutes—no graphic design experience needed. Here's how:
1. Find the perfect PowerPoint template
2. Customize your creation
3. Show it off
Let's create a powerpoint design, frequently asked questions, where can i find slide templates and themes that i can customize.
To find customizable slide templates and themes, you can explore the business presentations templates or search by PowerPoint templates . Once you find a template that resonates with you, customize it by changing its color scheme, add in your own photos, and swap out the font.
How do I use pre-made PowerPoint templates?
After you've chosen a PowerPoint template to use, customize it. Explore [design tips] on how to customize a deck that resonates with your brand while putting emphasis on the topic at hand. Play with other design elements, like photo shapes, to make each slide unique.
How can I make or edit my own custom PowerPoint templates?
Start from scratch by creating your own PowerPoint template . Follow tips for designs and business presentations so that your unique template is cohesive and relevant to your brand. Incorporate your brand's color scheme and graphics so that all your slides aren't text only.
What kinds templates can I get online for PowerPoint?
You can get PowerPoint templates that have modern designs, animated ones, or even hand-drawn art in each slide. The color schemes range from bold to subtle. Each template's slides are also organized based on what you may want to include in your presentation . You can use the template as a starting point and customize its specific details from theme.
- PRO Courses Guides New Tech Help Pro Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Upgrade Sign In
- EDIT Edit this Article
- EXPLORE Tech Help Pro About Us Random Article Quizzes Request a New Article Community Dashboard This Or That Game Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- Browse Articles
- Learn Something New
- Quizzes Hot
- This Or That Game New
- Train Your Brain
- Explore More
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Log in / Sign up
- Computers and Electronics
- Presentation Software
- PowerPoint Presentations
6 Simple Parts for Beginners to Create a PowerPoint Presentation
Last Updated: December 19, 2022 Fact Checked
Creating a New PowerPoint
Creating the title slide, adding a new slide, adding content to slides, adding transitions, testing and saving your presentation.
This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Darlene Antonelli, MA . Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field. She earned an MA in Writing from Rowan University in 2012 and wrote her thesis on online communities and the personalities curated in such communities. This article has been fact-checked, ensuring the accuracy of any cited facts and confirming the authority of its sources. This article has been viewed 4,283,476 times. Learn more...
Do you want to have your data in a slide show? If you have Microsoft 365, you can use PowerPoint! PowerPoint is a program that's part of the Microsoft Office suite (which you have to pay for) and is available for both Windows and Mac computers. This wikiHow teaches you how to create your own Microsoft PowerPoint presentation on a computer.
Things You Should Know
- Templates make it easy to create vibrant presentations no matter your skill level.
- When adding photos, you can adjust their sizes by clicking and dragging in or out from their corners.
- You can add animated transitions between slides or to individual elements like bullet points and blocks of text.
- If you don't have a Microsoft Office 365 subscription, you can use the website instead of the desktop app. Go to https://powerpoint.office.com/ to use the website version.
- You can also use the mobile app to make presentations, though it's easier to do this on a computer, which has a larger screen, a mouse, and a keyboard.
- If you don't want to use a template, just click the Blank option in the upper-left side of the page and skip to the next part.
- Skip this step if your selected template has no themes available.
- If you're creating a PowerPoint presentation for which an elaborate title slide has been requested, ignore this step.
- You can change the font and size of text used from the Home tab that's in the orange ribbon at the top of the window.
- You can also just leave this box blank if you like.
- You can also click and drag in or out one of a text box's corners to shrink or enlarge the text box.
- On a Mac, you'll click the Home tab instead.  X Research source
- Clicking the white slide-shaped box above this option will result in a new text slide being inserted.
- Title Slide
- Title and Content
- Section Header
- Two Content
- Content with Caption
- Picture with Caption
- Naturally, the title slide should be the first slide in your presentation, meaning that it should be the top slide in the left-hand column.
- Skip this step and the next two steps if your selected slide uses a template that doesn't have text boxes in it.
- Text boxes in PowerPoint will automatically format the bulk of your text for you (e.g., adding bullet points) based on the context of the content itself.
- You can add notes that the Presentation will not include (but you'll still be able to see them on your screen) by clicking Notes at the bottom of the slide.
- You can change the font of the selected text by clicking the current font's name and then clicking your preferred font.
- If you want to change the size of the text, click the numbered drop-down box and then click a larger or smaller number based on whether you want to enlarge or shrink the text.
- You can also change the color, bolding, italicization, underlining, and so on from here.
- Photos in particular can be enlarged or shrunk by clicking and dragging out or in one of their corners.
- Remember to keep slides uncluttered and relatively free of distractions. It's best to keep the amount of text per slide to around 33 words or less.  X Research source
- Slide content will animate in the order in which you assign transitions. For example, if you animate a photo on the slide and then animate the title, the photo will appear before the title.
- Make your slideshow progress automatically by setting the speed of every transition to align with your speech as well as setting each slide to Advance .  X Trustworthy Source Microsoft Support Technical support and product information from Microsoft. Go to source
- If you need to exit the presentation, press Esc .
- Windows - Click File , click Save , double-click This PC , select a save location, enter a name for your presentation, and click Save .
- Mac - Click File , click Save As... , enter the presentation's name in the "Save As" field, select a save location by clicking the "Where" box and clicking a folder, and click Save .
Video . By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube.
- If you save your PowerPoint presentation in .pps format instead of the default .ppt format, double-clicking your PowerPoint presentation file will prompt the presentation to open directly into the slideshow view. Thanks Helpful 5 Not Helpful 0
- If you don't have Microsoft Office, you can still use Apple's Keynote program or Google Slides to create a PowerPoint presentation. Thanks Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- Your PowerPoint presentation (or some features in it) may not open in significantly older versions of PowerPoint. Thanks Helpful 1 Not Helpful 1
- Great PowerPoint presentations avoid placing too much text on one slide. Thanks Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
You Might Also Like
- ↑ https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=DBDCE00C929AA5D8!252&ithint=file%2cpptx&app=PowerPoint&authkey=!AH4O9NxcbehqzIg
- ↑ https://www.virtualsalt.com/powerpoint.htm
- ↑ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/set-the-timing-and-speed-of-a-transition-c3c3c66f-4cca-4821-b8b9-7de0f3f6ead1#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20slide%20advance,effect%20on%20the%20slide%20finishes .
About This Article
- Send fan mail to authors
Reader Success Stories
Sep 22, 2016
Is this article up to date?
Oct 18, 2016
Jul 23, 2016
Sep 25, 2017
Jul 21, 2016
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
Keep up with tech in just 5 minutes a week!
Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows
- V 2021
Microsoft PowerPoint - Create attractive presentations without complicating your life.
Microsoft PowerPoint is one of the programs that are part of Microsoft 365 , Microsoft's office suite, and offers a wide range of features for creating very creative and complete presentations.
Like its main rivals: Google Slides , Keynote , or Canva , Microsoft PowerPoint is a very useful program for both novice users and those who want to use the tool professionally, taking advantage of its multiple possibilities for creation and editing . Do you want to know its new features? Keep reading.
What are the new features of Microsoft PowerPoint?
Considered one of the most popular editing and presentation creation programs among users, Microsoft PowerPoint has expanded its range of features in its latest version, including highly anticipated functions by users .
Firstly, we have the co-authoring function, through which multiple users can access the same PowerPoint presentation, add changes, and see in real time the changes made by other authors.
On the other hand, the program also allows users to share comments with other co-authors, placing them in specific areas of the presentation. In addition, users can see who else is accessing their document and where they are in the content.
More useful and practical than ever
The program's new search tool , located at the top of the screen, has been modernized and now offers a faster response time, as well as suggesting commands and searches that may interest the user based on their recent use of Microsoft PowerPoint.
Attractive and complete
Microsoft PowerPoint continues to be one of the best options for creating creative and highly personalized content. In its new version, the presentation program has improved the experience of users who need to work collaboratively, and has also modernized search and autosave tools.
However, even with this great makeover, the variety of animations and transitions available in presentations is still limited . Tutorials that can help users who are not yet familiar with the program and its functions are also missing.
PowerPoint becomes more expressive with Microsoft 365 Copilot
PowerPoint users can now effortlessly create dynamic and captivating presentations, thanks to the integration of Microsoft 365 Copilot . By understanding natural language commands, Copilot helps users turn their ideas into beautifully designed presentations, making the creation process more enjoyable and expressive.
In conclusion, Microsoft PowerPoint is the ideal program for creating highly eye-catching presentations in a very short time. If you don't have it yet, don't wait any longer and download it now through Softonic .
PowerPoint for telling your story. A new, modern take on the familiar PowerPoint application to design and share your most impactful presentations
Get your ideas across with beautiful design, rich animation, cinematic motion, 3D models and icons. Let intelligent technology help you bring your presentation to life with a few clicks.
Tell your story with confidence with slide-by-slide notes only viewable by you. Easily translate your slides into the preferred language and use the built-in accessibility checker to be sure your audience doesn’t miss a thing.
Get premium versions of PowerPoint and other Office apps like Word and Excel by subscribing to Office 365. With Office 365 you'll get great PowerPoint features like Designer, Editor, and real-time co-authoring. Plus, you'll receive exclusive, new features every month ensuring you're always up-to-date.
- The Autosave updates the changes in the document in a few seconds.
- New collaboration features, such as co-authoring.
- Smartest and fastest search tool
- Improvements in the program's interface.
- Memorizing shortcuts remains complicated.
- The process of inserting videos in presentations could be faster.
- There are missing tutorials to guide novice users.
- The variety of animations and transitions remains quite limited.
Also available in other platforms
- Microsoft PowerPoint for Android
- Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac
- Microsoft PowerPoint for iPhone
Microsoft PowerPoint for PC
User reviews about microsoft powerpoint.
to continue there improving this important application because it downloading weakly
by محمد ناصر
I WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM AND RESTORE IT IN MY COMPUTER
by francis t lopaz
Would've given it a better rating had you let me downloaded it!
i love it. it works well and it has very good animations transistions and fonts
Why do we need to pay now. why do we have to pay i mean before we had it for free why now tho i cant pay even tho i need to do presentations bu t how im i supposed to pay for a powerpoint when i cant convince my parents to give me money to go to the cinema? More
yes we can summarize. power point no there was problem for receive their own point Pros: to add the file in power point Cons: t o save correctly not anywhere More
- Read all reviews
Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
The software par excellence for creating digital presentations.
Alternatives to Microsoft PowerPoint
Photo slideshows reborn
- Trial version
Create E-Learning Content with Adobe Captivate
Microsoft Word 2010
Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows: Efficient work with ease.
Microsoft Office 2010
Important note: Microsoft Office 2010 is no longer available.
Free PDF compressor
Microsoft Excel 2016
Important note: Microsoft Excel 2016 is no longer available.
Microsoft Word 2016
Microsoft Word 2016: a revolution in word processors
Microsoft Office 2021
A powerful productivity tool
Benefits of Using Office Suites for Business & Productivity
Prevent unwanted changes with Tweakeze
Microsoft Office 2013
Microsoft Office 2013 for Windows - Productivity to the next level!
Master PDF Editor
A multifunctional PDF editor for PC
Spreadsheet Conversion Tool
Spreadsheet Conversion Tool Review
Microsoft’s virtual desktop infrastructure
What Is PowerPoint and How it Works
How to Make Invitations With Microsoft Powerpoint in 3 Steps
How to Convert Microsoft Powerpoint to Google Slides in 2 Easy Methods
Top 3 Microsoft PowerPoint Tips
The new iPhone 15 features support for Thread: what does it mean for our smart homes?
NASA just released the picture of a baby star, and it’s the most impressive thing you’ll see today
The Burning Body: What is the real story behind the Netflix series?
The 3 keys to the Razer Viper V3 HyperSpeed
When does Berlin, the Money Heist spin-off, come out? We have a Netflix release date
When will macOS Sonoma be released: earlier than expected
Laws concerning the use of this software vary from country to country. We do not encourage or condone the use of this program if it is in violation of these laws. Softonic may receive a referral fee if you click or buy any of the products featured here.
Your review for Microsoft PowerPoint
Thank you for rating!
What do you think about Microsoft PowerPoint? Do you recommend it? Why?
OOPS! This is embarrassing...
Something’s gone terribly wrong. Try this instead
Custom Business Email
Video and voice conferencing
An integrated suit of secure, cloud-native collaboration and productivity apps powered by Google AI.
Tell impactful stories, with Google Slides
Create, present, and collaborate on online presentations in real-time and from any device.
- For my personal use
- For work or my business
T h i s c h a r t h e l p s b r i d g i n g t h e s t o r y !
E s t i m a t e d b u d g e t
Make beautiful presentations, together
Stay in sync in your slides, with easy sharing and real-time editing. Use comments and assign action items to build your ideas together.
Present slideshows with confidence
With easy-to-use presenter view, speaker notes, and live captions, Slides makes presenting your ideas a breeze. You can even present to Google Meet video calls directly from Slides.
Seamlessly connect to your other Google apps
Slides is thoughtfully connected to other Google apps you love, saving you time. Embed charts from Google Sheets or reply to comments directly from Gmail. You can even search the web and Google Drive for relevant content and images directly from Slides.
Extend collaboration and intelligence to PowerPoint files
Easily edit Microsoft PowerPoint presentations online without converting them, and layer on Slides’ enhanced collaborative and assistive features like comments, action items, and Smart Compose.
Work on fresh content
With Slides, everyone’s working on the latest version of a presentation. And with edits automatically saved in version history, it’s easy to track or undo changes.
Make slides faster, with built-in intelligence
Assistive features like Smart Compose and autocorrect help you build slides faster with fewer errors.
Stay productive, even offline
You can access, create, and edit Slides even without an internet connection, helping you stay productive from anywhere.
Security, compliance, and privacy
Secure by default
We use industry-leading security measures to keep your data safe, including advanced malware protections. Slides is also cloud-native, eliminating the need for local files and minimizing risk to your devices.
Encryption in transit and at rest
All files uploaded to Google Drive or created in Slides are encrypted in transit and at rest.
Compliance to support regulatory requirements
Our products, including Slides, regularly undergo independent verification of their security, privacy, and compliance controls .
Private by design
Slides adheres to the same robust privacy commitments and data protections as the rest of Google Cloud’s enterprise services .
You control your data.
We never use your slides content for ad purposes., we never sell your personal information to third parties., find the plan that’s right for you, google slides is a part of google workspace.
Every plan includes
Collaborate from anywhere, on any device
Access, create, and edit your presentations wherever you are — from any mobile device, tablet, or computer — even when offline.
Get a head start with templates
Choose from a variety of presentations, reports, and other professionally-designed templates to kick things off quickly..
Visit the Slides Template Gallery for more.
Ready to get started?
Create a new presentation with Copilot for Microsoft 365 in PowerPoint
Create a presentation from a file with copilot.
With Copilot for Microsoft 365 in PowerPoint, you can create a presentation from an existing Word document. Provide Copilot in PowerPoint with the link to your Word document, and it will generate slides, apply layouts, and choose a theme for you.
Create a new presentation in PowerPoint.
Select Send . Copilot will draft a presentation for you!
Edit the presentation to suit your needs, ask Copilot to add a slide , organize your presentation, or add images.
Best practices when creating a presentation from a Word document
Leverage word styles to help copilot understand the structure of your document .
By using Styles in Word to organize your document, Copilot will better understand your document structure and how to break it up into slides of a presentation. Structure your content under Titles and Headers when appropriate and Copilot will do its best to generate a presentation for you.
Include images that are relevant to your presentation
When creating a presentation, Copilot will try to incorporate the images in your Word document. If you have images that you would like to be brought over to your presentation, be sure to include them in your Word document.
Start with your organization’s template
If your organization uses a standard template, start with this file before creating a presentation with Copilot. Starting with a template will let Copilot know that you would like to retain the presentation’s theme and design. Copilot will use existing layouts to build a presentation for you. Learn more about Making your presentations look great with Copilot in PowerPoint .
Create a new presentation with Copilot
Edit the presentation to suit your needs, ask Copilot to add a slide , or start over with a new presentation and refine your prompt to include more specifics. For example, "Create a presentation about hybrid meeting best practices that includes examples for team building.”
Create a presentation with a template
Copilot can use your existing themes and templates to create a presentation. Learn more about making your presentations look great with Copilot in PowerPoint .
Enter your prompt or select Create presentation from file to create a first draft of your presentation using your theme or template.
Welcome to Copilot in PowerPoint
Microsoft Copilot help & learning
Where can I get Microsoft Copilot?
Unleash your productivity with AI
Frequently asked questions: AI, Microsoft 365 Copilot, and Microsoft Designer
Need more help?
Want more options.
Explore subscription benefits, browse training courses, learn how to secure your device, and more.
Microsoft 365 subscription benefits
Microsoft 365 training
Communities help you ask and answer questions, give feedback, and hear from experts with rich knowledge.
Ask the Microsoft Community
Microsoft Tech Community
Microsoft 365 Insiders
Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more for free on the web
Office is now Microsoft 365
Get the Office (Microsoft 365) mobile app*
Microsoft will use your email address only for this one-time transaction.
Whether you’re at work or on the go, create your best work on your favorite browser.
The familiar Microsoft 365 experience you know and trust, so there’s nothing new to learn.
Work with anyone
Share your documents with anyone and work together in real-time.
Word for the web
Craft great-looking resumes, newsletters, and documents while inviting others to review and coauthor in real time. Plus, access free Word templates, formatting tools for APA, MLA, and Chicago style, and add functionality with free add-ins.
Excel for the web
Organize your data in familiar spreadsheets and workbooks, with all changes saved automatically. Create modern visuals that turn numbers into valuable insights. Work together in real time knowing that everyone is on the same page.
PowerPoint for the web
Turn your ideas into compelling presentations using professional-looking templates. Use animations, transitions, photos, and videos to tell one-of-a-kind stories. Co-author team presentations at the same time, from anywhere.
Start now at Microsoft365.com
No installation required. It's free.
- </a>" data-bi-ecn="*<a href="footnote1" class="ms-rte-link"></a>" data-bi-bhvr="0" data-bi-ct="Link" data-bi-pa="Body" data-bi-compnm="Footnotes">[* ] Availability of mobile apps varies by country/region.
Follow Microsoft 365
PeopleCert, on behalf of Axelos
- Onsite training
- Log a ticket
01344203999 Available 24/7
BIGGEST BLACK FRIDAY SALE!
GET THE 60% EXTRA OFF!
We cannot process your enquiry without contacting you, please tick to confirm your consent to us for contacting you about your enquiry.
By submitting your details you agree to be contacted in order to respond to your enquiry.
What are you looking for?
Sorry looks like we are having trouble finding the course you’re looking for..
We may not have the course you’re looking for. If you enquire or give us a call on 01344203999 and speak to our training experts, we may still be able to help with your training requirements.
Or select from our popular topics
- ITIL® Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Scrum Certification
- Change Management
- Business Analysis
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Excel & Certification Course
- Microsoft Project
Press esc to close
Talk to a learning expert
Fill out your contact details below and our training experts will be in touch.
Fill out your contact details below
WHO WILL BE FUNDING THE COURSE?
By submitting your details you agree to be contacted in order to respond to your enquiry
Thank you for your enquiry!
One of our training experts will be in touch shortly to go over your training requirements.
Back to Course Information
Fill out your contact details below so we can get in touch with you regarding your training requirements.
* WHO WILL BE FUNDING THE COURSE?
Preferred Contact Method
Back to course information
Fill out your training details below
Fill out your training details below so we have a better idea of what your training requirements are.
HOW MANY DELEGATES NEED TRAINING?
HOW DO YOU WANT THE COURSE DELIVERED?
WHEN WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
Next 2 - 4 months
WHAT IS YOUR REASON FOR ENQUIRING?
Looking for some information
Looking for a discount
I want to book but have questions
One of our training experts will be in touch shortly to go overy your training requirements.
What is PowerPoint: A Comprehensive Guide for Beginners
What is PowerPoint? This blog provides the essence of PowerPoint, a versatile presentation software by Microsoft. Discover its features, uses, and the art of crafting compelling slideshows. Whether you're a student, professional, or simply curious, explore the power of PowerPoint and learn how to create impactful presentations effortlessly.
Exclusive 40% OFF
Training Outcomes Within Your Budget!
We ensure quality, budget-alignment, and timely delivery by our expert instructors.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (ERP) MB920
- Microsoft Access Masterclass
- Microsoft Word Masterclass
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (CRM) MB910
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing MB220
According to Glassdoor , a PowerPoint designer's average salary in the UK is about £37,811 annually. In this blog, you will learn What is PowerPoint, its key features, its benefits, and how to use it, as well as learn some tips for creating effective presentations.
Table of contents
1) What is PowerPoint?
2) Understanding the PowerPoint Interface
3) Key Features of PowerPoint
4) How to use PowerPoint to create a presentation?
5) Benefits of PowerPoint
6) Tips for Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations
What is PowerPoint?
PowerPoint is a versatile and popular presentation software developed by Microsoft (MS). It is a part of the Microsoft Office Suite and offers various features and tools to create visually appealing and engaging presentations. MS PowerPoint allows users to combine text, graphics, multimedia elements, and animations to convey information effectively .
Evolution of PowerPoint
Understanding the PowerPoint Interface
The PowerPoint interface provides a user-friendly environment for creating and editing presentations. Familiarising yourself with its essential components will help you navigate the software efficiently. Here's a breakdown of the MS PowerPoint interface:
1) Ribbon : The Ribbon is located at the top of the MS PowerPoint window and consists of multiple tabs, such as Home, Insert, Design, Transitions, and more.
2) Slides pane : The Slides pane is on the left side of the PowerPoint window. It displays thumbnail images of your presentation slides, allowing you to navigate and rearrange them easily. You can add, delete, duplicate, or hide slides from this pane.
3) Notes pane : The Notes pane is located below the Slides pane. It provides space for adding speaker notes or additional information related to each slide.
4) Slide area : The Slide area occupies the central part of the PowerPoint window. It displays the selected slide, where you can add and arrange content such as text, images, charts, and multimedia elements .
5) Task panes : Task panes are additional panels on the PowerPoint window's right side. They offer various functionalities such as formatting options, slide layouts, animations, etc. Task panes can be opened or closed based on your specific needs.
Understanding the MS PowerPoint interface will help you navigate the software effectively and make the most of its features. Whether you are creating slides, adding content, or applying formatting, having a good grasp of the interface ensures a smooth and productive experience .
Key Features of PowerPoint
When it comes to creating captivating and professional presentations, MS PowerPoint stands out as versatile and feature-rich software. Its array of tools and functionalities enables users to bring their imagination and ideas to life. Moreover, it also helps engage their audience effectively .
1) Slide Templates : PowerPoint provides a collection of pre-designed templates that make it easy to create visually appealing slides.
2) Slide Master : The Slide Master feature allows users to define the overall layout, font styles, and colour scheme for the entire presentation .
3) Animations and transitions : PowerPoint offers various animation effects and slide transitions to add visual interest and captivate the audience .
4) Multimedia integration : Users can embed images, videos, and audio files directly into their presentations, enhancing the overall impact .
5) Collaboration tools : MS PowerPoint allows multiple users to work on a presentation simultaneously, making it ideal for team projects and remote collaboration .
6) Presenter View : The Presenter View feature gives presenters access to speaker notes, a timer, and a preview of upcoming slides, enabling a seamless presentation experience .
These features collectively contribute to PowerPoint's versatility and make it a powerful tool for developing engaging and impactful presentations.
How to use PowerPoint to create a presentation?
Creating a presentation in PowerPoint is a straightforward process. Whether it's simple animations or explainer videos learning H ow to use PowerPoint is an extremely valuable skill. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to create a presentation:
1) Launch PowerPoint and choose a template or start with a blank slide.
2) Add slides by clicking "New Slide" or using the shortcut key (Ctrl + M).
3) Customise slide content by entering text and inserting visuals.
4) Rearrange slides for a logical flow by dragging them in the slide navigation pane.
5) Apply slide transitions for visual effects in the "Transitions" tab.
6) Add animations to objects in the "Animations" tab.
7) Preview your presentation by clicking "Slide Show".
8) Save your presentation and choose a format (.pptx or .pdf).
9) Share your presentation via email, cloud storage, or collaboration tools.
By following these steps, you can create a well-structured and visually appealing presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint. Remember to keep your content concise, use engaging visuals, and practice your presentation skills to deliver an impactful presentation .
Benefits of PowerPoint
1) Visual appeal : Microsoft PowerPoint allows you to create visually appealing presentations with its wide range of design tools and features. You can use templates, themes, and customisable layouts to make your slides visually engaging and professional .
2) Easy to use : PowerPoint has a user-friendly interface, making it accessible to users of all levels. The intuitive tools and straightforward navigation make it easy to create, edit, and deliver presentations efficiently .
3) Flexibility : PowerPoint provides flexibility in terms of content creation. You can include various types of content, such as text, images, charts, graphs, videos, and audio files, to enhance your message and engage your audience effectively.
4) Organisation and structure : PowerPoint offers features to help you organise and structure your content. You can create multiple slides, use slide masters for consistent formatting, and arrange the sequence of slides to create a logical flow .
5) Presenter tools : PowerPoint includes built-in presenter tools that aid in delivering presentations smoothly. You can use presenter view to see your notes and upcoming slides while your audience sees only the presentation. Additionally, features like slide transitions and animations add visual interest and help you control the flow of information .
6) Collaboration and sharing : PowerPoint allows for easy collaboration and sharing of presentations. Several users can simultaneously work on the same presentation, making it convenient for team projects. You can also share your presentations via email, cloud storage, or online platforms, ensuring easy access for viewers .
7) Integration with other tools : PowerPoint can seamlessly integrate with other Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel. You can import data and charts from Excel or copy and paste content between different Office applications, saving time and effort .
8) Presenter-audience interaction : PowerPoint provides features that facilitate interaction between the presenter and the audience. You can include interactive elements like hyperlinks, buttons, and quizzes to engage your audience and make your presentations more dynamic.
9) Portable and accessible : PowerPoint presentations can be saved in various formats, such as .pptx or .pdf, making them easily accessible on different devices. This portability allows you to deliver presentations on laptops, tablets, or even projectors without compatibility issues .
10) Time and effort savings : PowerPoint simplifies the process of creating presentations, saving you time and effort. The pre-designed templates, slide layouts, and formatting options enable you to create professional-looking presentations efficiently .
Unleash your creativity to deliver captivating presentations that leave a lasting impact with our Microsoft PowerPoint Masterclass – Sign up now!
Tips for Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations
1) Simplicity is key : Keep your slides clean and uncluttered. Use concise bullet points and simple visuals to convey your message effectively .
2) Visuals matter : Incorporate relevant, high-quality visuals such as images, charts, and diagrams to enhance understanding and engagement .
3) Limit text : Avoid overwhelming your audience with excessive text on slides. Use brief phrases or keywords to communicate key points .
4) Choose legible fonts : Opt for clear and readable fonts that are easy to read, even from a distance. Maintain consistency in font styles throughout your presentation .
5) Consistent design : Maintain a consistent design theme, including colours, fonts, and layout, to create a visually appealing and professional presentation.
6) Emphasise important points : Use visual hierarchy techniques, such as font size, colour, and formatting, to draw attention to essential information .
7) Use transitions and animations sparingly : Incorporate slide transitions and animations thoughtfully, focusing on enhancing content and transitions without distracting the audience .
8) S lide notes for guidance : Utilise the slide notes feature to include additional details, explanations, or reminders for a well-prepared and confident presentation.
9) Practice and time yourself : Rehearse your presentation to ensure smooth delivery and stay within the allocated time. Practice helps you refine your content and delivery.
10) Engage the audience : Encourage audience participation through interactive elements, questions, or discussions to foster engagement and make your presentation more memorable.
By implementing these tips, you can create effective MS PowerPoint presentations that capture attention, communicate information clearly, and engage your audience effectively.
We hope this blog has helped you understand What is PowerPoint and how it can help you. It offers powerful features with a user-friendly interface for creating visually appealing presentations. With its tools for organising information, incorporating text and visuals, and delivering impactful content, PowerPoint is a valuable tool for beginners to communicate their ideas effectively .
Master the art of effective communication and productivity and unlock your potential with our comprehensive Microsoft Office Training – Sign up now!
Upcoming Office Applications Resources Batches & Dates
Fri 8th Dec 2023
Thu 11th Jan 2024
Thu 8th Feb 2024
Thu 7th Mar 2024
Thu 11th Apr 2024
Thu 16th May 2024
Thu 6th Jun 2024
Thu 4th Jul 2024
Thu 8th Aug 2024
Thu 5th Sep 2024
Thu 10th Oct 2024
Thu 7th Nov 2024
Thu 5th Dec 2024
Frequently Asked Questions
Get a quote, your privacy & cookies.
How to Create a Dynamic Presentation in PowerPoint
Share with Your Friends
Your email has been sent
Learn how to create a summary slide that you can add to the end of a presentation to support a Q&A session with your audience using older stand-alone versions of PowerPoint and Microsoft 365.
Adding a summary slide to the end of a PowerPoint presentation is a good idea. That way, you can review items with your audience at the end of the presentation. The presenter controls what items make it to the summary slide and can even use each item on the slide to quickly return to the previous slide(s).
How to create a summary slide in PowerPoint
How to hyperlink summary items, how to insert a zoom summary slide in microsoft 365.
If you’re using an older version of PowerPoint (pre-Microsoft 365), you can create a summary slide as follows:
1. Select all of the slides you want to summarize in Slide Sorter view. Click the first slide, then press and hold the Ctrl key as you click the remaining slides ( Figure A ).
2. Click Summary Slide on the Outlining toolbar.
3. PowerPoint inserts the summary slide before the slides, so be sure to drag it to the end of the presentation.
When you’re done with the presentation, you can click to the summary slide for a brief period of questions and answers, if appropriate.
SEE: Spice up your presentation by adding multiple flashing stars in a PowerPoint slide .
If that’s the end of things, then the simple summary slide is adequate. However, you might want to display the original slides again as you answer questions from the audience. If that’s a possibility, hyperlink the summary items to their respective slides as follows:
1. Select the item on the summary slide.
2. Choose Hyperlink from the Insert menu.
3. Click Place In This Document in the left pane.
4. Identify the slide ( Figure B ).
5. Click OK.
You don’t have to hyperlink the items on the summary slide, but doing so lets you return to the original slide(s) with a quick click. You’ll probably want to add hyperlinks on each slide for the return trip to the summary slide.
SEE: Here’s how to tone down a busy picture using Merge in Microsoft PowerPoint .
If you’re using Microsoft 365, adding a summary slide is easier. Thanks to the Zoom feature, PowerPoint will generate a summary slide, but how you use it differs a bit from the older summary slide. There are no hyperlinks per se; clicking a thumbnail will zoom in on the original slide.
Let’s create a summary slide that includes the same slides 1, 3 and 5 using the Zoom feature:
1. Click the Insert tab.
2. In the Links group, choose Summary Zoom from the Zoom dropdown ( Figure C ).
3. In the resulting pane, click slides 1, 3 and 5 ( Figure D ). If you select slides before starting this process, they will already be selected.
4. Click Insert.
Figure E shows the resulting summary slide, which includes thumbnails of slides 1, 3 and 5. PowerPoint displays the summary slide at the beginning of the presentation, so remember to drag it to the end.
How to use the Zoom summary slide
To use the summary slide, simply click any thumbnail to zoom in on that slide. You’re not actually moving to that slide. What happens with the next click is where sections matter.
In Figure C , you can see two dimmed options. Section Slide is dimmed because the current presentation has no sections. When you apply the Zoom summary slide, PowerPoint automatically divides your slides into sections. How you intend to use the summary slide will determine whether you keep the new sections. The Zoom feature works well with sections, but they’re not required.
SEE: Create a moving arrow in Microsoft PowerPoint to gently guide the presentation from point to point.
If the presentation has sections, the second click will zoom in on the section slide in that section. Each subsequent click will display the next slide in the section until you reach the end of the section. Once you’ve reached that point, a click will return the presentation to the summary slide.
If the presentation doesn’t use sections or the section has only one slide, the first click zooms in on the appropriate slide. The second click returns you to the summary slide.
How to remove a section
There’s no way to stop PowerPoint from adding sections once you implement the Zoom slide feature. Fortunately, removing the sections is easy:
1. Right-click the section item.
2. Choose Remove Section ( Figure F ).
Subscribe to the Microsoft Weekly Newsletter
Be your company's Microsoft insider by reading these Windows and Office tips, tricks, and cheat sheets. Delivered Mondays and Wednesdays
- Microsoft Edge cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- Support for these Microsoft enterprise products ends in 2023 (TechRepublic)
- 6 Best Free Alternatives to Microsoft Word (2023 Update) (TechRepublic)
- Microsoft 365 Services Usage Policy (TechRepublic Premium)
- Best software for businesses and end users (TechRepublic on Flipboard)
- See all of Susan's content
TechRepublic Premium Editorial Calendar: Policies, Checklists, Hiring Kits and Glossaries for Download
TechRepublic Premium content helps you solve your toughest IT issues and jump-start your career or next project.
7 Best AI Art Generators of 2023
This is a comprehensive list of the best AI art generators. Explore the advanced technology that transforms imagination into stunning artworks.
The Best Cheap Payroll Services for 2023
Find the perfect payroll service for your business without breaking the bank. Discover the top cheap payroll services, features, pricing and pros and cons.
NordVPN Review (2023): Pricing, Security & Performance
Is NordVPN worth it? How much does it cost and is it safe to use? Read our NordVPN review to learn about pricing, features, security, and more.
Best Free Project Management Software for 2023
Free project management software provides flexibility for managing projects without paying a cent. Check out our list of the top free project management tools.
Cloud Strategies Are Facing a New Era of Strain in Australia, New Zealand
Australian and New Zealand enterprises in the public cloud are facing pressure to optimize cloud strategies due to a growth in usage and expected future demand, including for artificial intelligence use cases.
Hiring Kit: Product Manager
Effective product managers oversee the development of a company’s products and act as a liaison between the business, technical and design teams. They help guide cross-functional initiatives and manage activities, tools and relationships across the product development process, from product planning to launch and beyond. This hiring kit from TechRepublic Premium provides a comprehensive framework ...
Payroll Services Comparison Tool
For SMBs, hiring a service to handle payroll calculation, processing and documentation can save valuable time and resources. This comparison chart from TechRepublic Premium provides a framework for comparing potential services. From the download: CHOOSING A PAYROLL SERVICE Payroll processing: This is the primary reason a business will contract with a payroll vendor. The system ...
Inside The Labs: NTT R&D Forum Tokyo 2023
TechRepublic Premium was at the NTT R&D Forum Tokyo 2023, November 14-17. NTT used the event to focus on generative AI, specific service systems, use cases and its IOWN (Innovative Optical and Wireless Network), which was launched in March of this year. In this feature, discover what IOWN means, get news on NTT’s partnership with ...
- TechRepublic on Twitter
- TechRepublic on Facebook
- TechRepublic on LinkedIn
- TechRepublic on Flipboard
- Property of TechnologyAdvice
Create a TechRepublic Account
Get the web's best business technology news, tutorials, reviews, trends, and analysis—in your inbox. Let's start with the basics.
* - indicates required fields
Sign in to TechRepublic
Lost your password? Request a new password
Please enter your email adress. You will receive an email message with instructions on how to reset your password.
Check your email for a password reset link. If you didn't receive an email don't forgot to check your spam folder, otherwise contact support .
Welcome. Tell us a little bit about you.
This will help us provide you with customized content.
Want to receive more TechRepublic news?
You're all set.
Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye out for a confirmation email from our team. To ensure any newsletters you subscribed to hit your inbox, make sure to add [email protected] to your contacts list.
Microsoft PowerPoint Download
Make presentations from scratch or use one of PowerPoint’s many available templates on your computer, Mac, or mobile device. Insert written content, visual content, artistic content, and video content. Use PowerPoint Designer to pick out a sleek template.
Make your presentation a winner from the get go. With Microsoft PowerPoint, your confidence is not only from yourself but also to your creatively crafted presentation. With the latest development of PowerPoint App, you can now easily create, edit, view, present, or even share presentations. You can access it from any gadgets you want. Do you need to check your PowerPoint presentation while you are outside of your home? Well, PowerPoint offers a quick view of your recent files for easy access on any device.
Are you working on multiple file versions? You don’t have to worry either as syncing is smooth across all your preferred devices. Let your PowerPoint presentation moves to your adjustment and not on the other way around. With Microsoft PowerPoint, you will have the capacity to work at your own templates, with anyone and present with confidence.
In presentation, the goal is to create lasting impression with your clients or customers- may it be business, your boss, or even to an ordinary individual. Through Microsoft PowerPoint, you will have an opportunity to put your creative minds into work by making a powerful and customized presentations. This will set you apart from others.
Also, with PowerPoint, you can now easily collaborate with others in real time whether with your friends or colleagues. With 1-click sharing option, invite others to edit, view, or provide feedback and indicate constructive criticisms on your slides. You are in control in your own presentation by managing permissions and seeing who is currently working in your file. Also, you can easily monitor changes and feedback from others with integrated comments for every slides. With that, you will have the capacity to compare changes to see how your presentation has developed over time.
Microsoft is currently promoting PowerPoint on the go. Making new presentations and editing the existing ones is becoming much easier. Since Microsoft PowerPoint is currently syncing your presentations to OneDrive , you can start drafting you presentation from your personal computer. Afterwards, you can present your impactful presentation through your mobile devices.
PowerPoint also has presentation view on any device where you can present your discussion points clearly and with conviction, all without firing up your laptop or even your personal computer. Not only that, you can practice your presentation with Presenter Coach. This is a new AI tool which is designed to give you training and help you elevate your public speaking skills while working in your PowerPoint presentation.
Presenter Coach provides support to your presentation while you are conducting your practice, with real time suggestions. These recommendations will help you adjust your timing and will help you avoid unnecessary bloopers. Presenter Coach aims to add confidence while you are speaking.
With new Microsoft PowerPoint update, you can now save office files to your favorite folder. Several people would like to make their files organized by short listing their favorite ones. For this update, Microsoft PowerPoint lets you choose default folder, and pin other folders to that list for easy and faster access.
Vote for this Software
3.8 / 5. 10
- Fabric Resources
- Fabric PowerPoint Presentations Gallery
- Community News
Fabric is Generally Available. Browse Fabric Presentations . Work towards your Fabric certification with the Cloud Skills Challenge .
- Microsoft Fabric Community
- Mark all as New
- Mark all as Read
- Float this item to the top
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Threaded format
- Linear Format
- Sort by Topic Start Date
Top Contributors in OneDrive: CraigLong 👏
November 13, 2023
Top Contributors in OneDrive:
- Search the community and support articles
- Microsoft 365 and Office
- Search Community member
Ask a new question
PowerPoint Presentations wont open in OneDrive.
So I opened a link for a PowerPoint I made and it wont open the PowerPoint instead it will go into file my presentation is in open the preview and then refresh. Can someone please help me fix this if it is possible to fix.
- Subscribe to RSS feed
Replies (3) .
- Microsoft Agent |
Hi ColinTheWindows7Fan ,
Thanks for sharing your concern here in Microsoft Community.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble opening your PowerPoint presentations in OneDrive. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
1. Check if you have the latest version of PowerPoint installed on your device. If not, update it to the latest version.
Click on the File tab in the top left corner of the screen.
Click on Account .
Click on Update Options .
Click on Update Now .
2. Clear your browser cache and cookies. Sometimes, cached data can cause issues with OneDrive.
Open your browser.
Click on the Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen.
Click on History .
Click on Clear browsing data .
Select the time range for which you want to clear the cache and cookies.
Check the boxes next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files .
Click on Clear data .
See: Delete cookies in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support
3. Try changing your default browser in your Windows PC.
Select Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps . Open Default apps
Select Microsoft Edge .
Next to Make Microsoft Edge your default browser , select Set default .
We recommend you transition to Microsoft Edge to enjoy a faster, more secure, and more modern browsing experience.
Source: Change your default browser in Windows - Microsoft Support
4. Try opening the PowerPoint presentation in a different browser or device to see if the issue persists.
Save the PowerPoint presentation to your device.
Open the presentation in a different browser or device.
Check if the issue persists.
5. Try to reinstall your OneDrive app.
Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs ( Add Programs in Windows 7).
Under Apps & features ( Programs and Features in Windows 7) find and select Microsoft OneDrive .
Select Uninstall . If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
If you need to backup and sync your files, download the Microsoft OneDrive app from the website .
Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts to sign in and get started.
Source: Reinstall OneDrive - Microsoft Support
5. If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting Microsoft support for further assistance.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
Thanks for your feedback.
Can you explain it but in more simple terms. Also It was on the OneDrive website.
Thanks for your response.
If you're trying to access the PowerPoint file via OneDrive.com, you can skip the troubleshooting number 1 and proceed to the next troubleshooting steps number 2 and so on. If you're having some challenge following the steps we suggested, can also contact Microsoft through this link Contact Us for further assistance.
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
5. If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting Microsoft Support for further assistance.
- Norsk Bokmål
- Latest Headlines
- English Edition Edition English 中文 (Chinese) 日本語 (Japanese)
- Print Edition
- More More Other Products from WSJ Buy Side from WSJ WSJ Shop WSJ Wine
This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. Distribution and use of this material are governed by our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law. For non-personal use or to order multiple copies, please contact Dow Jones Reprints at 1-800-843-0008 or visit www.djreprints.com.
OpenAI Glitch Shows Weaknesses in Microsoft’s AI Armor
Hiring sam altman offsets some risk, but microsoft’s ai race still faces pitfalls.
Nov. 20, 2023 1:01 pm ET
Microsoft may have put out a five-alarm fire around its most important technology move in years. But fires leave scorch marks—and sometimes flare up again.
Copyright © 2023 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8
What to Read Next
- TurboTax : Save up to $15 with TurboTax coupon 2023
- The Motley Fool : Epic Bundle - 3x Expert Stock Recommendations
- H&R Block Tax : Get 20% off H&R Block tax software products
- Top Resume : Top Resume Coupon: 10% off professional resume writing
- eBay : eBay coupon: Get extra 10% off $50+
- Groupon : Up to $50 off any order with Groupon promo code
Most Popular news
Most popular opinion, most popular opinion, recommended videos.
Copyright © 2023 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved