The ultimate proofreading tool and guide.
What Is Proofreading?
Make proofreading online easier, what are proofreading marks.
Try Our Free Proofreading Tool
- Tone and clarity insights
- Tips on how to engage readers
- Word choice and inclusive language guidance
- Step 1 : Add your text, and Grammarly will underline any issues.
- Step 2 : Hover over the underlines to see suggestions.
- Step 3 : Click a suggestion to accept it.
Access to Writing Experts
Proofreading How-To Guide
Proofreading and Editing
Grammar and Syntax
Punctuation and Spelling
Frequently asked questions, what is the meaning of proofreading, why is proofreading important in writing, what are proofreading marks, and what do they mean, what is the role of a proofreader, what are some common proofreading mistakes, what is a helpful, free online proofreading tool, how can i find professional proofreading services.
- Features for Creative Writers
- Features for Work
- Features for Higher Education
- Features for Teachers
- Features for Non-Native Speakers
- Learn Blog Grammar Guide Community Academy FAQ
- Grammar Guide
Free Online Proofreader
Perfect your writing with ProWritingAid's proofreading tool. Try it now for polished, error-free text.
Start typing, paste, or use
Get more suggestions to enhance this text and all your future writing
Your suggestions will show once you've entered some text.
Great job! We didn't find any suggestions in your text.
Our writing tool goes beyond proofreading
In addition to basic proofreading, ProWritingAid has over 25 tailored reports to help improve your writing.
Sentence length variety
Predicted read time
It’s just like having a real-life writing coach
Some reports provide quick grammar suggestions. Others go in depth and help you improve the strength and readability of your text.
Trusted for better writing by
Our proofreading tool works wherever you do
We seamlessly integrate across all the apps you use, whether they’re on the desktop or online.
1. does prowritingaid autocorrect.
ProWritingAid provides recommendations so you can identify and correct writing errors. You have complete control over whether to accept or ignore these suggestions.
2. Can I proofread emails and social media posts?
Yes. As a matter of fact, ProWritingAid's browser extensions work across almost all websites and online apps, including Gmail, LinkedIn, and Google Docs.
3. How can ProWritingAid help?
ProWritingAid helps with a variety of writing tasks. It corrects grammar, spelling, and punctuation, while also enhancing vocabulary variety and more.
4. Is ProWritingAid free?
A free account allows you to edit up to 500 words at a time. If you want to edit larger documents, upgrading is necessary. You can find more information on our pricing page .
5. Can ProWritingAid paraphrase?
Yes! You can rewrite sentences with a single click using Rephrase. See multiple options to reword any sentence.
2. Does ProWritingAid have a plagiarism checker?
Yes! ProWritingAid’s plagiarism checker will check your work against over a billion webpages, published works, and academic papers, so you can be sure of its originality. Find out more about pricing for plagiarism checks here .
Improve your writing today
Drop us a line or let's stay in touch via :
The fast and affordable way to make your writing error-free.
Scribbr’s AI Proofreader checks your document and corrects spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes with near-human accuracy and the efficiency of AI!
Fixing your document will only take a few minutes. Here’s how it works 👇
1. Upload your .docx file
Upload your Word document (at the moment, you can only upload .docx files).
2. Wait for the AI Proofreader to revise your document
Sit back and relax while your document is processed by our AI Proofreader—this should take no longer than 10 minutes.
3. Download your edited document
Once your document has been processed, you can download it. You’ll see the issues that have been addressed as tracked changes in Word.
4. Accept changes
Now, you can decide whether you want to work through each of the changes individually or accept all changes with a single click.
Near-human accuracy in minutes.
Our AI engineers and editors collaborate closely to improve our language correction models. While no machine can replace a human proofreader, our tests show that our AI Proofreader is currently the most advanced tool on the market.
Easy & convenient
Just upload your document.
No copy-pasting required! Upload your .docx file, and our AI Proofreader will make changes directly in your text while preserving your formatting.
Trained on academic text.
Scribbr’s editors and tools process thousands of documents annually. We used this data to train our AI Proofreader, meaning that it’s an ideal tool for correcting academic texts.
We trained our AI models not to change your references. This way your references will not be changed.
Backed by a decade of helping students achieve academic success
10 years of editing experience
Scribbr has published hundreds of helpful articles on academic writing and edited thousands of academic documents, so we know our stuff!
Not happy? Money-back guarantee!
If you’re not completely satisfied with our services, we’ll contact you to find a solution that will make you 100% happy.
4.7 Trustpilot score
For us, the most important thing is customer satisfaction.
Don’t take our word for it: We have 3,255 reviews from satisfied customers on Trustpilot!
Highly qualified language experts
Scribbr editors have one thing in common: a passion for language.
Their passion, as well as our high quality standards, has led to our excellent Trustpilot score of 4.7.
The only AI trained on academic texts
We’ve trained our AI on a decade’s worth of academic writing, meaning that it is uniquely suited for correcting your text.
Helped 5,000,000 students graduate
We want to make all students happy, every day. We’re very proud that we’ve helped over 5,000,000 achieve academic success.
Get your paper checked and corrected today
$9.95 per document (unlimited words)
- Fixes grammar, punctuation, and spelling mistakes; addresses commonly confused words; and ensures consistency in dialect
- No copy-pasting: Corrections are made directly in your .docx file using Word’s track changes feature
- Near-human accuracy
- Only available for US English
- Turnaround time of a maximum of 10 minutes
- Perfect if you’re strapped for time and don’t want to spend a lot of money but would still like a thorough correction.
$100 for 4,100 words
- 100% accuracy
- All English dialects
- Turnaround times range from 12 hours to 7 days
- A human proofreader can also improve the clarity, structure, adherence to academic writing conventions, style, and tone of your text.
- Perfect if you want to get the most out of your document, would like personalized assistance, and have a larger budget.
We've helped over 5,000,000 students graduate since 2012
Be 100% confident that your writing won’t affect your grade
Unmatched accuracy. 24/7 availability. Student-friendly pricing. Documents returned in minutes. AI editing trained on academic texts.
Ask our team
Want to contact us directly? No problem. We are always here for you.
- Email [email protected]
- Start live chat
- Call +1 (510) 822-8066
- WhatsApp +31 20 261 6040
Frequently asked questions
Our AI Proofreader has been trained on academic texts. It also addresses commonly confused words, and it’s more accurate than Word’s autocorrect feature. Word’s autocorrect feature usually operates on a word level, whereas our AI Proofreader can proofread on the sentence and, to an extent, even the paragraph level. Because it’s more accurate and fixes more than just grammar mistakes, our AI Proofreader identifies and corrects more mistakes overall. Furthermore, because you check your document with our AI Proofreader after you’ve finished writing it, your workflow won’t be interrupted.
Rest assured: Your documents are safe. The document you upload is deleted immediately after it’s been processed by our AI Proofreader, and your processed document will automatically be deleted from our servers after 12 months. If you’d like to delete the stored copy of your document sooner, you can do so manually through your user profile at any time. For more information, please consult our articles on how we ensure the security of your documents.
For now, the AI Proofreader only corrects based on the conventions of US English. We will add other dialects at a later stage.
You can only upload .docx (Word) files to the AI Proofreader.
Absolutely! The AI Proofreader is particularly useful for non-native English speakers, as it can detect mistakes that may have gone unnoticed.
There’s no need for any downloads! You can use our AI Proofreader right in your web browser. Just upload your document and sit back; you’ll receive a revised version of your document within 10 minutes.
No; the AI Proofreader currently focuses on grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. If you’re interested in detecting any potential plagiarism in a document, we recommend that you consider our Plagiarism Checker . The AI Proofreader is included for free in that service.
Absolutely! Every change suggested by the AI Proofreader is indicated as a tracked change in Word. You can decide which changes to accept or reject in your document, and, if you’re feeling confident, you can even accept all of the changes with just one click.
The cost is $9.95 per document, no matter the length. You won’t pay more based on the number of words or characters. Our AI Proofreader is ideal for academic papers and dissertations!
The exact time depends on the length of your document, but, in most cases, the proofreading will be completed within a maximum of 10 minutes.
No.To make sure that your reference list isn’t disrupted, we’ve implemented suppression rules in our model.
Free Proofreading Checker Online
Get spelling, grammar, and stylistic corrections for your English text using Sapling's free proofreading checker .
Sapling was developed by researchers at the following institutions:
Need a different dialect or variety of English? Sapling supports the following through its integrations .
- American English
- British English
- Canadian English
- Australian English
Multilingual Proofreading Tool
안녕하세요. Bonjour. Salut. Yes, Sapling supports all these languages and more. Click on any of the options below.
Features & Benefits
Proof your writing for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. Catch typos and polish your writing. Use this page to proofread your text on your computer, tablet or mobile phone device. Beyond simple errors, Sapling will also help you keep your writing fluent, concise and idiomatic. Sapling's goal is to save you time on editing and proofreading your docuemnts and messaging.
Save Time Polishing Your Writing
Sapling runs almost everywhere you write. Instead of copy-editing and scanning for errors after finishing a piece of writing, use Sapling to instead get real-time suggestions as you write. Boost your productivity with Sapling by spending more time communicating and less time reviewing.
More Accurate and General Suggestions
Sapling's free grammar checker is an AI writing assistant that suggest edits from large neural network-based language models. These models effectively learn how language works from millions of example sentences. Sapling's AI accurately gives more suggestions than many other grammar checkers that rely on rule-based heuristics. See one comparison here .
Online Word Counter
This page will instantly count the number of words in your text. Use this to assess your words per minute (WPM) typing or writing rate. You can also obtain a word count from document or text editors like Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and Pages, under "Tools" → "Word Count".
Free Grammar Check Across Platforms
Those that want correct grammar can use Sapling to check grammar for free. The AI-powered writing assistant will act as a real-time instant proofreader, including for correcting punctuation such as missing commas. This is a tool to ensure that your communication is error-free and well-written. Sapling integrates with many platforms to ensure that you have a writing assistant at your disposal, whether you are working on an important email, presentation, or instant messaging support. We support all the internet platforms you write on: Gmail, LinkedIn, Salesforce, Zendesk, and hundreds of other sites.
WRITER > GUIDES
Publish confidently by proofreading to perfection
“Writing without revising is the literary equivalent of waltzing gaily out of the house in your underwear.” — Patricia Fuller
We’re pretty open-minded, but we generally recommend that writing be at least partially dressed before sharing it with the world.
Now that just about everyone is a writer, just about everyone is a proofreader too, when you think about it. Which is why we believe now is the time to get clear about what exactly proofreading entails in our modern world.
What is proofreading?
Proofreading refers to carefully checking for writing and formatting errors in a text before it’s published. It’s the final step in making sure a piece of writing is as close to “perfect” as possible by double-checking for punctuation and spelling errors, typos, and any inconsistencies. The most important purpose of writing is to communicate your thoughts effectively. This, however, is better suited for the editing phase, not the proofreading phase. While proofreaders will check for clarity in consistency, they’re more focused on minor errors that may have slipped through. When you proofread, you evaluate the content in what will be its final, published form, or a proof. (Get it now?) Proofreaders look at more than just the words — they’re scanning for any formatting errors as well. Proofreading marks are either made on paper, or in comments and digital notes in Google Docs and word processing software, to alert the writer of suggested corrections within a document. There are both US and UK English conventions for proofreading. The final step of any personal or business writing process, proofreading is the process of identifying and correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
The difference between proofreading and editing
It’s important to note that proofreading and editing are not the same. Editing involves a different skill set and is usually more time-consuming. Though there are various stages to the entire editing process, copy editing and proofreading are the two most common. Coincidentally, they’re also the two that get mixed up the most. Though developmental, structural, and line editing all deserve their time and place , they’re seen less frequently in the world of digital content creation. These parts of the editing process are better reserved for lengthier works, such as books, investigative journalism, essays, instructional works, and magazine articles. The terms copy editing and proofreading are often used interchangeably by those not familiar with the space. These two are not the same, though, and it’s crucial to be aware of their differences if you’re anyone working with written content.
Copy editing Copy editing takes place before proofreading and involves a more thorough shake down of the content at hand. Copy editors will look for things such as readability, grammar, spelling, style, syntax, and punctuation depending on what style guide they’re following. In this stage of the editing process, it’s okay to offer revisions that will require additional writing.
Examples of what a copy editor might comment: Point out wordy sentences, suggest change in word choice, fix punctuation marks in a sentence.
Proofreading Proofreading occurs after copy editing. Though proofreaders look for grammar and punctuation, they’re also focused on the overall formatting of the piece. They’re the last set of eyes before publication, so it’s their job to ensure the text is as close to perfect as it can get. No drastic changes will happen here — that’s the job of all the editors who came before.
Examples of what a proofreader might comment: Fix bad line breaks, change improper punctuation, point out incorrect page numbers.
How to proofread
Traditionally, proofreading is meant to be a relatively rapid and focused process of making sure writing is free of minor errors, such as typos that may have occurred during a more rigorous round of editing. For online publishing and blogging — which often includes transferring of content from a word processing document to a CMS (content management system) — proofreading includes making sure that formatting is correct. Adhering to a style guide — whether that be the Associated Press Stylebook , Chicago Manual of Style , or your own — is another vital part of the process. Consistency is key, and proofreaders need to be aware of what rules to follow for the given copy.
Common things to double-check when proofreading
- Links function properly and direct readers to the right pages
- Words — especially names and organizations — are spelled correctly
- Formatting appears as it was intended — bolds, italics, indentations, new paragraphs, and fonts are correct
- Proper punctuation is used throughout
- Capitalization is correct
- No “bad breaks,” such as widows or orphans
- Helpful information such as an FAQ section exists
- Consistent tenses throughout the piece
- No subject-verb agreement issues
- Headline or email subject is clear
- Citations match the brand style guide
- No misplaced or misused commas
- Voice and style are consistent throughout
When is the best time to proofread text?
The best time to proofread is during every project’s final stage, after revisions are done and copy editing has been completed. Proofreading is the last step. If you’re wondering what time is the best, we advise after morning coffee and before your deadline. Because the proofreading process is intended to be the final step before publishing or hitting “send,” the changes should be relatively minor — meaning, catching typos or errors that may have slipped by. In other words, proofreading is not the phase where you should be completely reworking a paragraph or changing the direction of your main points. Proofreading is not the time to decide that you’ve changed your stance on an important topic — that kind of change should happen during the initial planning, thesis-writing, or outline phase of your writing. In this stage, you also shouldn’t completely overhaul a piece of writing from, say, a 1,500-word blog post to a 3,000-word help article. That work should have been done during the developmental editing phase.
Top proofreading techniques and tricks
Ask someone else to proofread for you Get a pair of fresh eyes on your writing. After spending so much time on your work, you’ll be apt to accidentally glaze over errors and typographical errors. It’s like a crooked painting in your house — you don’t notice it until someone else points it out. If you have to proofread your own work, step away Close your document, shut down your computer, and take a break from staring at the screen for a few hours (the longer, the better). Go for a walk, sip some coffee, and you’ll have a fresher set of eyes when you return. Focus on one thing at a time When you’re on high-alert for every type of proofing error, it’s easier to miss some mistakes. Instead, try combing a paper only for punctuation, then again for spelling mistakes, and so on. Come back to it if you’re tired Don’t ever try to proofread at the end of the day when your attention span is nil, and all you want to do is sleep. Sleep on it and try again in the morning. Proofreading with a set of sleepy eyes is as good as not proofreading at all. Print it out Editing a hard copy — and not a digital one — will help you see your writing from a different perspective. It feels different, and putting pen to paper feels more substantive and also satisfying. Read it out loud Reading your own writing out loud is a great way to catch any misspelled words or wonky sentences you might’ve missed before. While it might feel funny at first, you’ll find yourself noticing things such as run-on sentences that you wouldn’t have otherwise when reading it silently. Allot two days to proofread Ideally, proofreading should happen at least two days before a deadline. This ensures that you’ll have enough time to implement changes with one more round of proofing to come. Take into consideration the length of your writing — the longer it is, the longer proofing will take. Use an AI proofreading tool You can use an AI writing assistant to help with proofreading digital content. Nowadays, the top ones on the market are programmed to catch spelling, grammatical errors, and some even help you adhere to your style guide . For example, Writer uses AI to catch and correct common writing mistakes — as well as ones personal to your company’s style guide — and ensure your text is ready to share. Proofreading example Editors and professional proofreaders usually check a printed “proof copy” of the text and make corrections using specialized marks. In the digital realm, proofreaders work with AI writing assistants. Most of these online proofreading and editing services also include plagiarism checkers to identify duplicate content on the web and provide an efficient solution for the publication.
Improve your proofreading skills with Writer
With edits occurring more frequently in the “tracked changes” on Microsoft Word or in suggestions on shared Google Docs, proofreaders find themselves doing their job digitally. And in a world flooded with copy and content, it’s crucial to ensure your words stand out, for all the right reasons. Writer is much more than just a spell check — think of it as your very own professional proofreader. And if you’re looking to implement language and content consistency company-wide, Writer has that too. Take your proofreading up a notch by publishing a living, breathing style guide that Writer implements almost anywhere you produce copy. With terminology management , custom writing style rules, snippets, and more, you don’t ever have to worry about your content being flooded with errors.
Illustration by Daniel Zender
Level-up your writing with Writer, your very own proofreader.
" (Required) " indicates required fields
Upgrade Alert! Trinka AI is now 40% more powerful. It's much faster, more accurate, and corrects more errors than ever before. Also, note that Trinka does not use ChatGPT/GPT-X . It uses our own proprietary patented AI technology for grammar corrections and suggestions. 🎉
Free Online Proofreader
English proofreading made easy with trinka ai.
Make your writing flawless with our AI-powered English Proofreading Tool. Correct grammar, spelling errors, sentence structure, punctuation, tone, consistency, and much more with a single click!
We are Trusted by
Best Online Proofreader for free
From grammar and spelling to sentence structure, tone, and more, Trinka ensures flawless documents. Trinka is an AI-powered writing assistant that ensures your content is well-written, free of grammar and spelling errors, and uses correct punctuations. Craft exceptional content effortlessly and focus on delivering a clear message.
See How It Works
Want to know how easy it is to use Trinka’s Online Proofreader Tool? Just check out this easy walk-through video and get started right away!
Have more questions? Browse through our FAQs here .
Trinka’s Online Proofreader is Ideal for:
For academics and researchers, Trinka is an essential tool for proofreading and refining scholarly articles, dissertations, and research papers. It assists in maintaining academic integrity and ensures effective communication of ideas.
Whether you're writing reports, presentations, or emails, Trinka can help polish your professional documents. It catches spelling errors, improves sentence structure, and enhances overall professionalism.
Trinka's proofreader is an invaluable tool for students of all levels. It can assist in editing essays, research papers, and assignments, ensuring impeccable grammar, clarity, and coherence.
Writers of Various Content
No matter the type of writing you engage in, Trinka is versatile enough to assist you. It can edit personal statements, cover letters, novels, social media posts, and more, helping you convey your message effectively.
Other Writing Tools Available with Trinka Grammar Checker
Trinka provides real-time writing suggestions and advanced grammar checks to help professionals and academicians ensure formal, concise, and engaging writing.
Advanced Grammar Checks
Trinka goes beyond the basic grammar and spelling checks to evaluate your writing for advanced grammar errors and suggests language enhancements to improve your writing quality.
Neither the healthy individuals nor the patient recognize recognizes the visual discrepancies.
Trinka's sentence corrector helps you structure your sentences better based on your subject matter, making your writing easier to read for your audience.
The students don't enjoy to go going over the same rules again and again.
Trinka fixes the errors in word choice that make your writing unclear. Trinka makes your writing concise and clear, so that you can communicate your intent accurately.
One of the reasons is because that the fabrication cost for of steel members depends upon the material.
Advanced Spell Check
Trinka’s free spell checker understands the context of your writing and helps you pick the right word for your topic. No more awkward spelling errors!
The Bonferoni Bonferroni test was used to check for statistical significance.
Get Trinka Where You Need It
First, I love Trinka. Congratulations on developing something that extensively aids editing, especially critical grammar conventions and word count reductions.
Writing texts with correct English grammar and style is not an easy task for people who speak other languages. Sometimes you cannot find little mistakes in your document without help and moreover for academic writing. I tried Trinka AI as a tool of automatic correction and was quite glad with the suggested corrections and the feedback. With the feedback you understand why the suggested change must be taken into account.
Rosa Diaz Sandoval
I just wanted to say thank you for such a great and free service, all the other grammar checkers and writing assistants I have tried don’t have nearly the depth of features let alone all available on a free subscription. As a student with little income available I am extremely grateful that unlike all others companies you don’t limit features on the free plan. This is a fantastic product and given the income I would definitely upgrade to the premium. I've let all my fellow students know about Trinka as it is seriously a life saver.
I have mainly used it to improve the language, grammar, and syntax of the scientific manuscripts that I write for national and international biomedical journals. I have found the interface to be user friendly and the procedure itself is efficient and hassle-free. The auto-edit is a great help and the supplementary page with the revision summary is an excellent idea.
Dr. Farooq Rathore
Trinka.ai is my most favorite choice for grammar and spelling edit. The application works correctly, is fast and tidily! Completely satisfied!
The grammar checking tool exceeds Grammarly! I re-checked some documents that I had checked earlier with Grammarly. I was pleasantly surprised to see such a product from India!
Trinka has awesome features. Advance level of academic writing checker and suggestion are so original. I would highly recommend to others.
I have tested Trinka and am impressed with its fine capabilities. It did better than the grammar checker I use. Well done! I have told my colleagues in my research lab to use Trinka. Hope it is widely used in academia.
Trinka AI's suggested corrections and feedback astounded me. It is simple to use and extremely beneficial
It's been a wonderful experience using Trinka and I almost can't submit any manuscript without re-evaluating with it. In summary, Trinka has been a life-saver.
I enjoy using Trinka as a final spot check for my edited documents. It really helps find the few remaining errors that slip through during primary editing. I really like this platform. The thumbs down button is very useful.
I think Trinka.ai is a very interesting and potentially useful idea, especially for editors/publishers/journals. I found it very useful when I checked my editing work on the platform.
I am happy with the overall performance. I have been using Grammarly for a long while, but when it comes to academic or technical writing, Trinka is definitely a much better option. Academic document settings and auto file edit are my favorite features.
Trinka has become my go-to tool for grammar corrections. The AI-powered corrections and language enhancements made writing a lot more easier. Now I am able to focus more on research than on writing an error-free document.
The grammar correction and suggestion based on the AMA style guide is really impressive! Trinka is indeed the best grammar correction tool for medical writing.
What are you waiting for?
Frequently asked questions.
Proofreading tools carefully check your text, fixing any spelling, grammar, or punctuation mistakes. This helps you communicate your ideas confidently and without the distraction of errors. Try automated proofreading to enhance your writing significantly.
The quality of the original writing will determine this. A proofreader would be beneficial if you do not speak English and make several complex errors pertaining to logical construction in English. Trinka can fix thousands of grammatical mistakes and complex writing problems. However, AI is limited. If the construction is not logical, it cannot decipher your intended meaning. For those who possess sufficient knowledge of the English language to construct logically correct sentences, Trinka grammar checker can take care of tone, word choice, grammatical constructions, spelling, and a whole lot more.
Trinka’s grammar checker can be used on any web browser. It is also available as a browser plug-in for the most popular browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge, to help you get grammar corrections on your favourite websites. Trinka is also available on MS Word add-in for premium users.
Use Trinka to check your writing online for free. It is an advanced AI-powered tool that makes your writing clear and easy to understand. With Trinka, you can check your text for everything from minor punctuation errors and typos to nuanced grammatical mistakes and phrasing problems. You can check your grammar for free anywhere on the internet with Trinka's browser plugin as well as in MS Word using the Trinka add-in for Word.
In order to check the grammatical correctness of a sentence, simply paste it in Trinka's spelling and grammar checker . Trinka will thoroughly check the sentence for punctuation, grammar, and vocabulary mistakes.
Check your grammar in seconds.
Slick Write is a powerful, free application that makes it easy to check your writing for grammar errors, potential stylistic mistakes, and other features of interest. Whether you're a blogger, novelist, SEO professional, or student writing an essay for school, Slick Write can help take your writing to the next level. Curious? See why Slick Write is the best. Try the interactive demo , or check your own document . No software download or installation is required.
Why Slick Write?
The grammar checker is lightning fast
Customizable feedback to suit your style
We do not redistribute your documents
Add impact to reports
Improve your grades
Engage your audience
English is a difficult language, so using correct grammar and diverse vocabulary will set you apart from the crowd. Using good sentence structure and wording improves your content's impact and readability while building your readers' trust. Slick Write goes beyond spell checking to teach you the habits of effective writers. How does your writing rate?
Improve your resumé
The job market is competitive. Gain an advantage, impress employers, and land more interviews by demonstrating professionalism and superior communication skills on your resumé.
Get the extensions
Using an extension is the easiest way to submit your work to Slick Write. They are available for Chrome and Firefox .
Bust your writer's block, and create new metaphors by playing the word association game . To begin, type a word or phrase in the box below, and hit enter. To quickly find associations for your own text, highlight a word or phrase in it, and use the toolbox popup.
The associator learns contextual word associations from real literature, so it may return offensive results.
I know what I'm doing. Disable these hints.
- Submission Limit There is a limit of 200,000 characters, which is approximately 30,000 words. Anything longer should be submitted in smaller chunks, or it will be automatically trimmed.
- No document It looks like you forgot to enter your document. Paste it in and try again.
- Structure This tab shows sentence structure within the context of the document. Hover over a sentence to see its word count. Select a word or phrase, or click a sentence to get more information.
- Quotes This tab shows your quotations highlighted as Slick Write sees them.
More information »
- Sentence type flow Pieces with good flow will make use of all four sentence types, varying them to keep the reader interested.
- Sentence length flow Sentence length is indirectly related to sentence type, and is a good indicator of flow. Flow can be altered by adding, removing, lengthening, shortening, combining, or splitting sentences. Long sentences will be indicated by a red line on the graph. Sentences that flow poorly with their surroundings will be orange, and the source of the problem can often be found in a nearby sentence.
- Word length flow Word length is a minor contributor to overall flow, but even minor variations are signs of good rhythm.
- Passive Voice Index This is a measure of how frequently the passive voice is used. Consider revising your document if it scores over 100.
- Prepositional Phrase Index This is a measure of how frequently prepositional phrases are used. Consider revising your document if it scores over 100.
- Average sentence length Sentence length is a major contributor to the level of education required to read a body of text.
- Sentence length standard deviation This is a measure of the amount of variation in the length of a text's sentences. In texts that have broad appeal, this tends to fall between 50 and 90% of the average sentence length. You can increase this number by making long sentences longer, and short ones shorter.
- Sentence deviation to length ratio This is a measure of the sentence variety, and a major contributor to flow. Most novels score between 0.5 and 0.9, and popular ones often score near the high end of the range. You can increase this number by making long sentences longer, and short ones shorter.
- Just the stats preset Use this preset when you're only interested in the stats tab. Critique and Flow will be hidden.
- Honesty preset This preset checks for common indicators of deception, either by lying or omission, and is based on the findings of this study . Areas with high concentrations of these indicators should be viewed with skepticism. Note that the presence or absence of these indicators does not guarantee that a statement is true or false, and that the study was done on spoken communications, so it might be more applicable to interviews and speeches. As always, use your brain.
- Doubled words A word used twice in a row may be a typo.
- Commonly confused words This will check for the internet's most frequently confused words and notify you if it looks like you misused one. It is experimental and probably the least reliable feature. Consult a dictionary when necessary.
- Sentences starting with the same word A word should not be used to start more than one sentence in a single paragraph.
- Misplaced conjunctions It is considered poor style to place coordinating conjunctions at either end of a sentence. Placing a subordinating conjunction at the end of a sentence is against the rules.
It is said that one day, passive voice will bring weakness to your prose.
More information » Even more information »
- Overwriting Words like "very" and "really" make sentences wordier and weaken your message. These can be deleted in almost all cases without affecting the meaning of the sentence.
- Abstract words Abstract words lack specificity and overusing them can make even simple concepts difficult to understand. There are times when abstract words are desirable or even necessary; it would be difficult to write about math or programming without mentioning variables or functions, but you should use more specific terms whenever possible.
- Wordy and redundant phrases These phrases make your writing more difficult to understand. In most cases, they can be replaced with one or two words, or even deleted.
- Legalese These antiquated, arcane words and phrases will make your writing look like a contract.
- Double negatives Double negatives are almost always poor style.
- Adverbs They aren't bad in small quantities, but consider revising your document if more than 5.5% of its words are adverbs. Adverbs ending in "-ly" are considered the worst offenders.
- Adjectives They aren't bad in small quantities. A few of the words on this list can also function as other parts of speech. You have been warned.
- Contractions In formal writing, the use of contractions is considered a fault.
The boxer decked his opponent.
- Profanity Profanity should not be used in formal writing outside of direct quotations.
The critic's scathing review hit the nail on the head .
- Similes Similes and metaphors should be used sparingly. This option will detect most common types of similes.
- "Said" replacements Some people think that these substitutes for "said" are weak or obnoxious, especially if overused.
Her dress was long , and it touched the floor.
Her long dress touched the floor.
- Gender-specific pronouns Avoid using gender-specific pronouns in formal writing when the subject's gender is unknown.
- Weasel words Like abstract words, weasel words and phrases lack specificity. At best, they convey uncertainty. At worst, they can be used to "weasel out" of telling the truth in a straightforward manner. When checking a document that is speculative by nature, you might want to disable this detector.
- Third person pronouns According to this study , high concentrations of third person pronouns may indicate deception.
- Bias language These words and phrases often show the author's bias.
- Uncommon words Uncommon words will increase the document's reading difficulty.
Hot peppers burn my mouth, but I eat them anyway .
Since burritos taste good , I like to eat them.
- Sentence fragments A sentence must have at least one noun and one verb. Anything that does not is a fragment, and if it occurs outside of dialog, it should probably be rewritten.
- Long sentences Long sentences tend to be more difficult to read, making them good candidates for trimming or splitting. Alternatively, parallelism may be used to improve their readability, though this will not decrease the ARI score.
- Success with Style: Using Writing Style to Predict the Success of Novels
- Grammar Girl For your obscure writing questions
- Basic Prose and Style Mechanics An excellent, concise resource
- Television Tropes & Idioms Tricks of the trade
- Writing Realistic Injuries An invaluable article for anyone who writes action or horror
- Online Etymology Dictionary Learn the history of English words
- Scribophile Discuss the finer points of writing with other novelists
- Suggestions from the official See Sharp Press blog Learn about the mistakes that will keep your novel from being published.
- Smashwords Easy ebook distribution for indie authors
- Duotrope Find and learn about publishers
- Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing
- Creative Writing Prompts and Exercises Spark your creativity
- RhymeZone A popular rhyming dictionary
- Seventh Sanctum Name generators and more
- Apache OpenOffice The best free office software
- Literature & Latte Makers of the popular Scrivener editor
Did you find a bug? Do you want us to add a new feature? We would love to hear about it.
Get your paper proofread by experts
Improve your paper with custom suggestions.
- Expert Check
Strengthen your writing
Give your paper an in-depth check. Receive feedback within 48 hours from writing experts on your paper's main idea, structure, conclusion, and more.
Find and fix grammar errors
Don't lose points over small mistakes. Our smart proofreader checks for grammar and writing mistakes so that you don't have to.
Check for unintentional plagiarism
Check your paper for unintentional plagiarism against thousands of sources.
What students are saying about us
"Caught comma errors that I actually struggle with even after proofreading myself."
- Natasha J.
"I find the suggestions to be extremely helpful especially as they can instantly take you to that section in your paper for you to fix any and all issues related to the grammar or spelling error(s)."
- Catherine R.
Clean up your writing and fix mistakes with EasyBib online proofreading tools
It doesn’t matter if you’re a writing superstar or a beginner learning the basics—everyone can benefit from good proofreading.
- Begin by uploading your paper to the proofreading tool to start an automatic scan for spelling and grammatical errors you may have missed. You’ll also receive suggestions to help streamline your writing.
- For important papers that need extra attention, submit your drafts to Expert Check for personalized feedback from a writing expert.
- Finally, try the automatic plagiarism check for help with catching missing citations and accidental plagiarism.
Using these online proofreading services can help you build your best paper possible.
What do online proofreading tools do?
Simple online spell checkers only search for basic mistakes. Online proofreading tools go further. An initial EasyBib proofreading scan can catch complex errors like:
- Subject-verb disagreement
- Punctuation errors
- Sentence fragments
- Missing commas
- Run-on sentences
- Misused pronouns
- Word choice errors
Once your proofreading scan is complete, you review each card to see what error was found, an explanation of why it was flagged, and suggestions on how to correct it. This helps ensure that you understand and learn from the suggestion as you edit and improve your paper .
Custom feedback from experts
Online tools are a great resource, but they can’t do it all. English is a tricky language, and sometimes, these tools can’t give you all the answers you need. To provide the specific feedback you need in those cases, there’s Expert Check from EasyBib Plus.
Expert Check provides a personalized, in-depth review of your writing by a live, professional proofreader. You can submit a paper at any time to receive detailed feedback on elements like:
- …and other components
You’ll be given scores on these different elements, explanations of what was great, and suggestions on how to revise any areas that could be improved. It only takes 48 hours to submit a paper and receive a detailed proofreading report. An EasyBib Plus subscription includes up to 15 Expert Checks each month.
Using Expert Check and the automatic EasyBib proofreading tool can save you time and help you turn in your best paper!
Why should I get my paper proofread?
People may overlook an occasional typo or grammatical error in a casual text or email, but in academic writing, the standards are much higher. Small mistakes can affect your academic career in a big way.
College instructors expect your work to be clear, concise, and technically correct. That’s why proofreading is so important.
- Unclear, poorly written work sends a message that you aren’t giving your classwork your best effort.
- Technical errors can even send the message that you’re not ready for college-level work.
- Work that is perceived as rough will likely get low marks, affecting your class grade.
As a result, bad writing can cause your grades and your academic reputation to suffer. If you’re hoping for internships, mentorships, or letters of recommendation, turning in poorly done work can lead to losing out on valuable opportunities.
There’s no doubt that papers take a lot of effort to write. A stellar essay requires a plan, an outline, and research. No wonder so many of us feel burned out when a first draft is finished. It’s tempting to immediately submit an essay as soon as it’s finished so you can forget about it. However, taking a moment to do some proofreading can be a literal grade saver.
Luckily, you can do an online check of your paper using EasyBib proofreading tools.
Why use EasyBib online proofreading tools?
Having a resource such as the EasyBib proofreading tool is like having a personal tutor you can carry in your pocket. It’s available to help with checking your paper any time of the day or night.
It will also give you honest, helpful feedback without any judgement. Best of all, you can rely on EasyBib proofreading tools over and over again—there’s no limit to how many papers or revised drafts you submit.
Here’s a summary of everything EasyBib proofreading tools can do:
- Look for 400+ of the most common grammatical errors.
- Check your paper day or night.
- Allow you to upload an unlimited number of papers.
- Look beyond typos to find ways to improve your paper’s writing flow and style.
- Provide feedback that is judgement free.
Help! It’s not just proofreading, I’m also terrible at citing sources.
If you struggle with citations, you’re not alone. Citing sources is often students’ least favorite task. But, failing to cite your sources properly can damage your paper’s credibility. It can even lead to getting your essay flagged for plagiarism.
The EasyBib proofreading tool also has an option to scan your paper for unintentional plagiarism . If there is duplicate text online, the tool points it out for you to rewrite or to cite it as a direct quote. There are also EasyBib citation tools that can help you create in-text citations and build your reference or works cited page.
I’m a student on a budget. I can’t afford a personal tutor or private proofreader. What are my options?
If you need a final proofread before you submit your essay but don’t want to look through a freelance marketplace, a subscription to EasyBib Plus can help. It’s free to upload a paper to the online proofreading tool, and the first five suggested grammar corrections are available for free.
EasyBib Plus also offers online plagiarism scans and Expert Check proofreading by a professional proofreader. In summary, a subscription to EasyBib Plus unlocks a full suite of proofreading tools to help you turn in an error-free paper every time. You can sign up for a free 3-day trial or enroll in a low-cost monthly subscription. *
*See Terms and Conditions
What’s the bottom line when it comes to proofreading?
Proofreading is an important part of the writing process. Spelling and grammatical errors can tank your grade and put your GPA at risk. Unintentional plagiarism can destroy your academic career. Don’t let it happen to you!
Using online proofreading ensures that your work gets an assessment that strengthens your writing and makes it shine. EasyBib proofreading tools help you turn in your best work. Sign up online for a free three-day proofreading trial today! *
Visit www.easybib.com for more information on helpful EasyBib writing and citing tools.
For informational guides and on writing and citing, visit the EasyBib guides homepage .
- AI Detector
- Plagiarism Checker
- Grammar Check
- Paraphrasing Tool
- Spell Check
- Word Counter
- Character Count
- Random Number Generator
- Remove Line Breaks
- Image to Text
- Morse Code Translator
- Random Word Generator
- Word Unscrambler
- Word Finder
- Anagram Solver
Proofread your papers with a proofreading tool.
Please type your text here..
Proofreading Tool - Essay Checker & Proofreader | Grammica
Our Professional proofreading tool provides you free essay proofreading services. It proofread your papers without grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. Essay checker Proofread your papers or essays using our advanced grammar check, spell check, and punctuation checker. It also covers all general mistakes such as writing style errors, misused words, typographical errors, spelling, and grammatical errors in just a few simple steps.
Our professional grammar check software supports English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Dutch, Italian, Tagalog, Swedish, Austrian, Belarusian, Breton, Catalan, Danish, Esperanto, Galician, German, Greek, Khmer, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Tamil, Ukrainian, etc. You need to enter or copy-paste your text into the provided box, then click "Check Text." Our essay checker scans your text and highlights potential errors with different colors based on the type of error. Click on the error word to learn more about it and how to fix it. If you disagree with our recommendation, click Ignore.
Professional online editing and proofreading services proofread your research papers more precisely so that no standard grammar rule will be ignored. It suggests alternate grammar prediction words to fix spelling and grammar mistakes. We offer grammar check, spell check, and punctuation checker that makes your essay error-free. Online proofreader supports English grammar, Spanish grammar, French grammar, Chinese grammar, Japanese grammar, Russian grammar, and more than 20 other languages.
Our free automated proofreading software is programmed to proofread your research papers or blog posts precisely with in-depth analysis. We use advanced data processing algorithm technology to ensure that every grammar rule is taken to account while checking. We have a large vocabulary database that can help you fix your spelling and grammar mistakes by suggesting English words and phrases. Our grammar and spell check will detect writing style errors, misused words, spelling errors, and grammar mistakes that other simple sentence checker tools will not detect.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is proofreading.
According to the Cambridge dictionary, it is a process of detecting and correcting errors in your text before it is published. If you are a content writer or blogger, then you know content is king. If you want to survive, you need to write high-quality content. We developed our online essay proofreader to identify spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax errors in your essay. We suggest fixing those errors by providing grammar suggested words from our huge English word database.
Why is proofreading so important?
The final stage of editing before publication is known as proofreading. It is an essential part of an editorial cycle. Any publications center will go through the proofreading stage before they publish it. In this stage, you need to find and resolve grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, typographical errors, and style guide formats errors.
What are the benefits of proofreading?
The Online professional proofreading and editing tool is a web-based application. It is highly secure with SSL encrypted connection. Once you paste your text into an online proofreading service, it will scan your text in real-time. We have a sophisticated error detection and correction algorithm that compares every word of your article and provides an error-free final version.
It is useful for teachers, students, bloggers, and content writers. It is one of the best ways to learn how to avoid making the same mistakes repeatedly. It improves your writing skills and provides error-free content. We optimize our applications for many browsers and devices. We have millions of happy customers all over the world.
How does the proofreading tool work?
Follow below easy steps to use the tool:
1. Open Proofreading Tool
2. Write or Copy-paste your essay or research paper. Choose American English or Australian English or Canada etc country language that you want to check your text. We support checking English, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and more than 28 other languages.
3. Click on “Check Text” then an online proofreader will scan your entire text and highlight your grammar and spelling mistakes with a different color.
4. Click on the highlighted word to get grammar suggested words to fix the error.
How to proofread professionally?
Our free proofreading online tool is easy to use and we requires no additional software installation. We build our essay checker with advanced sentence correction technology that suggests multiple suggestions to fix your errors. Our essay proofreader is trusted by teachers, students, writers, and bloggers all over the world. We make your content SEO-friendly, plagiarism-free.
If you are seriously facing spelling and grammar problems for your papers, you have taken the right decision by choosing our tool. Our automated proofreading tool error detection and correction mechanism will help to solve your grammar mistakes, spelling errors, and syntax errors.
What other tools grammica offer?
Grammica.com offers not only a grammar checking service and also offers Proofreading, Spinbot, Word counter, Paraphrasing tool, and a lot more text-related tools. These tools are useful for students, writers, bloggers, and teachers. We designed our tools professionally to give you accurate results, and we are trusted all over the world.
1. Enter or Paste your text into the box provided.
2. Select a country language that you wish to check.
3. Click "Check Text" to begin the proofreading process.
4. Proofreader identifies grammar and spelling mistakes in your essay.
5. The advanced error correction algorithm suggests multiple words to fix the error.
1. The advanced error correction algorithm suggests multiple words to fix the error
2. It has a unique approach to identify and rectify errors.
3. proofreader software is highly secure & optimized for high speed.
4. It is compatible with modern devices and browsers all over the world.
5. No additional software installation and registration required.
English Grammar Checker
English Grammar Checker. Wordvice AI automatically finds and corrects errors in academic papers, SOPs, assignments, business emails, and other English writing.
- Real-time grammar and punctuation checks
- Vocabulary, tone, and style corrections suitable for English writings
- Provides easy-to-understand error descriptions
- Specialized in academic papers, business/email text corrections
Real-time grammar and typo corrections increase the accuracy of your writings.
Wordvice AI Proofreader improves your vocabulary and enhances your style through and grammar and typo checks.
Corrects awkward expressions in a natural style suitable for the document types.
Sentence-level suggestions enhance the flow of your writing, and feedback boxes provide tips to craft more natural English phrases.
Wordvice AI Proofreading supports your success.
Errors and awkward English in academic papers, business emails, resumes, and essays are fatal issues. Improve your writing through AI proofreading.
How does the Wordvice AI Proofreader compare to other free proofreading tools?
- 01 Wordvice AI Proofreader is more than just a grammar checker. It is a real-time, all-in-one text editor that suggests vocabulary corrections at the sentence level.
- 02 The more you use the AI Proofreader, the better your English writing will become. As you follow the suggestion boxes and apply the feedback, your writing skills will also improve.
- 03 Meet your own personal automated writing tutor. Prepare to receive detailed tips to help you correct and improve your grammar, spelling, and punctuation in any kind of writing.
Ready to get started?
You're just a click away from better writing with Wordvice AI Proofreader.
Get Expert Proofreading Services
Do you want more detailed and professional English proofreading and editing services? Get your scientific manuscript, academic essay, or business document edited by professional native English-speaking editors with PhDs and Master's degrees.
Grammar & Writing Tools
- AI Proofreader
- AI Paraphraser
- AI Summarizer
- AI Translator
- AI Plagiarism checker
Free Citation Tools
- APA Citation Generator
- MLA Citation Generator
- Chicago Citation Generator
- Vancouver Citation Generator
- Premium Plan
- Wordvice AI Team Plan
- Expert Editing Services
- Wordvice AI Blog
- Commonly Used English Expressions
- Wordvice AI for MS Word
- Terms of Service
- Affiliate Program
BOOKMARK THIS PAGE
Experience Seamless Editing Perfection with GLU's Online Proofreader
GLU Proofreading tool automatically scans documents for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and style errors. It’s also able to correct typos, resolve ambiguities, and standardize writing styles.
Install the app to check longer texts.
GLU’s free proofreading tool has an excellent level of accuracy, it is free, and is easy to use by anyone without any technical knowledge.
It has an excellent level of proofreading accuracy, is free, and is easy to use by anyone without any technical knowledge.
GLU Editor is a content optimization tool that does more than just proofread your content. It optimizes your content to improve clarity, and engagement and makes it results-oriented for your target audience.
GLU functions as a multi-purpose proofreader for writers, bloggers, and researchers.
Using the simple user interface of GLU, you can check your writing anytime, anywhere!
GLU looks for the following things while proofreading any text:
- Check the sentence structure and correct it
- Assure that the form of the verb you are using is correct
- · Is your verb compatible with your subject?
- · Is the writer writing throughout the same tense?
- Have you used any hard-to-read words?
- Using the correct pronoun as per the sentence
- ·Is your attendant being clear or not?
- · Are you using the correct form?
- Assists you with commonly confused words such as their, there, and they’re.
- Adds any missing punctuations or corrects wrong punctuation in writing.
Why GLU Editor for Proofreading?
The first advantage in terms of productivity is the ease of access to Online proofreading. What’s better than accessing your favorite proofreading tool anywhere and at any time? GLU is available to everyone for free without any registration. Whether you are using it on mobile or desktop, it’s accessible on all types of devices.
Efficiency and Speed:
If you have a 100-page research paper or assignment, GLU will check its clarity, engagement, and readability score in minutes. It will help you correct any writing issues based on AI suggestions. The process will be quick and fast with 100% accuracy.
GLU Editor is strong and error-free. It detects the smallest grammatical and spelling errors in your paper and highlights the issues that are reducing the readability score.
GLU editor has several different functions and can correct errors in texts such as:
- Spelling mistakes (e.g., ‘to’ instead of ‘too’)
- Grammatical mistakes (e.g., incorrect use of articles)
- Punctuation mistakes (e.g., missing punctuation in a text)
GLU instructs you to click and receive a suggestion for correcting the writing error . The words that are underlined are either mistakes or weaker words.
Low Risks of Compliance:
There are extremely few dangers of compliance using GLU Editor. That is because it allows you to control the approval process. In this manner, you can keep the tool from making any modest adjustments on its own. You have the option of correcting errors with it. It does not change on its own. Instead, it requires your agreement to modify.
Some Other Online Proofreading Tools
Grammarly is a well-known tool for grammar and spelling checks. It is an automated proofreading software that corrects your grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. You can use it in real-time and in most word processors and similar programs. It is also available as a browser add-on for Chrome, Firefox, and a Windows app.
Grammarly checks for grammatical errors, and spelling mistakes and suggests ways to make your writing clearer. Grammarly works as an online text corrector and proofreader which you can use to improve your writing skills.
LanguageTool is an automatic web-based editing tool. It is available in a free open-source version and a paid version. It checks your text for spelling, grammatical, and style errors. It supports over 30 languages, from English to German. It is the perfect choice for multilingual writers with a multiple-browser extension or a desktop app.
PWA is another compliance-friendly proofreader, the same as GLU itself. It detects grammar and spelling errors, offers real-time correction, and gives suggestions to rephrase sentences. It’s available as a browser extension and can support many languages.
- Hemingway Editor:
Hemingway Editor is the second most used editor; it is a web-based text editor that aids your readability, grammar, and spelling error. It highlights the mistakes and corrects grammar, and sentence structure, and helps you to write fluently.
Writer uses artificial intelligence to find mistakes in your writing, and it suggests how to fix them. With a single click, you can start fixing all grammatical and spelling errors.
Recommended Resource: Jarvis AI Writer review.
It is well suited for Bloggers, Students, Editors, and academic writing. It works out of the box on all popular browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. This free proofreading tool works on WordPress and Google Docs as well. Overall, you are going to enjoy using it.
- Is GLU safe to use in regard to confidentiality?
Absolutely yes! Your document is in secure hands. It’s secure from the very first second you upload it via our upload form. As we take your security and confidentiality very seriously, our editor will never disappoint you. Trust us; you’ll never regret your decision.
- Why should I use GLU?
GLU is supported by AI which means it will detect any slightest issues that make your writing hard to read. After you proofread your essays via GLU, you don’t need any further revision as your document will be 100% error-free.
- What type of error do you check for while proofreading?
While proofreading, we look for technical errors in your writing like spelling mistakes, wrong usage of words, redundancy, punctuation, formatting, and sentence structure. We check out each intricate text and give you suggestions as needed.
- What’s your credibility?
GLU Editor has been the number-one choice for publishers, individual authors, and high-authority websites. When the details matter, businesses come to us.
- Do I have options to choose between British English and American English?
Yes, with GLU, you can choose between British English and American English. It ensures that scholars from all over the world can speed up their writing process in either version.
- Will GLU also check for plagiarism in my paper?
No, We suggest using Grammarly plagiarism checker , It can detect any unintentional plagiarism issues in your writing and highlight it so you can correct them. Access it here .
- ChatGPT & AI HOT
- PDF Editing Tips
- PDF Annotating Tips
- PDF Converting Tips
- PDF Reading Tips
- PDF Software Comparison
- Explore All Articles >>
- PDF Tips on macOS
- PDF Encryption Tips
- PDF Compressing Tips
- PDF Creating Tips
- PDF Printing Tips
- PDF Tips on Mobile
- PDF Knowledge
- Merge & Split PDF
- Organize PDF Pages
- Template Articles
Hooray! Only one step away!
Download UPDF and sign in your account, you'll get access to all features for free!
Edit and Proofread PDF: A Guide to AI-Powered Solutions
Table of content
Part 1: How to Edit and Proofread PDF with UPDF
Part 2: more introduction about updf pdf proofreader, part 3: top 5 online ai pdf proofreaders, part 4: faqs on proofreading pdfs.
Editing and proofreading are two different types of text improvement stages that are used as a way to enhance document readability and overcome text errors. Meanwhile, there is a way to manually edit and proofread PDF documents that can consume a lot of time but can be done with more accuracy. However, you can also use AI Tools that can automate your editing and proofreading PDF tasks.
In this article, we will discuss the best PDF toolkit called UPDF to make manual editing straightforward and efficient. And you will also find the top 5 PDF proofreading online tools that will make PDF text improvements much easier and more convenient in part 3.
UPDF is a recognized PDF management tool that provides PDF editing in a simplified way. Hence, you can easily edit and proofread PDF documents by means of the UPDF text editing facility. Thus, you can write or rewrite the text as per your requirements. There are several font styles available, including different font colors and sizes.
Download UPDF to edit/proofread your PDFs with ease!
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
With this PDF toolkit editing, you can also control and edit images by cropping, rotating, splitting, extracting, and more. Concurrently, editing the links using this PDF tool is also possible to style the appearance of the applied links.
Step-by-Step Guide to Edit and Proofread PDF
By using UPDF, you can conveniently edit your PDF text without damaging the layout of your documents or affecting the text orientation. To know how to proceed with text editing, these steps will help you move forward:
Step 1: Start the Editing and Proofreading Process
Start by downloading and installing the latest version of UPDF, or you can update the already installed version on your device. Next, press "Open File" from the homepage and import your PDF file to open it.
UPDF offers an AI assistant to help you proofread your PDFs more effectively. To use it, you can click the UPDF AI icon from the bottom-right corner, upload the PDF, and enter a specific proofreading command in the chat box. For example: Please proofread [ Cope and paste the sentences/paragraph that you want to proofread from the PDF ] for me. Then, UPDF AI will do it for you.
After that, you can edit the PDF in the "Edit PDF" mode.
Step 2: Implement the PDF Annotations
To implement annotations to your proofread PDF document, click the "Comment" icon from the toolbar on the screen's left side. Continue to select from different annotation tools available from the top of the screen. Choose your desired annotation tool, move the cursor in the required part of the text, and apply specific annotation. UPDF supports the following tools:
- Highlight, strikethrough, underline, squiggly
- Text box, typewriter, text callout
- Pencil, eraser, shapes, stickers, stamps, signatures
Step 3: Save the Edited PDF File
After you're done with applying editing and annotations, continue to save the file. For this, press the "Save as Other" icon from the toolbar on the screen's right side. From the panel, tap the "Save As" option, choose the location where you want to save the file and press "Save."
After introducing the steps to edit and proofread PDFs, you may want to download UPDF. Please click the button below.
Taking PDF editing and managing to the next level, UPDF is the best PDF management tool. By using UPDF, you cannot only edit your PDF documents but you can also read PDFs in the desired page layout or dark mode viewing facility. The exciting thing is that UPDF maintains your document's original page layout during the editing process.
The availability of UPDF Cloud is a great facility to collaborate on PDF documents across devices and networks. After all, users traveling around the world can easily edit and organize PDFs through Cloud accessibility. Meanwhile, the annotation from UPDF is essential to enhance your document interactivity with the ability to add comments, sticky notes, text underlines and highlights, text boxes, stamps, stickers, and even electronic signatures.
Download it to experience all the features of UPDF now!
Key Features of UPDF PDF Proofreader
- ChatGPT Integration: UPDF will integrate with ChatGPT in June 2023 soon. With the help of UPDF ChatGPT integration, you can perform multiple tasks like editing, proofreading, grammar checking, research, and summarizing PDF content with AI.
- Organizing PDFs : By using UPDF, you can organize your proofread PDF documents. This can be done utilizing cropping, rotating, splitting, extracting, and re-arranging your document pages. Meanwhile, managing PDFs is crucial to maintain the quality and information of your document.
- PDF OCR : UPDF comes with AI-powered OCR technology that allows you to convert your scanned PDFs, images, and proofread paper documents into editable and searchable PDFs. In total, 38 languages are supported in this OCR tool with 3 different supported layouts.
- Page Tools: There is the availability of page tools like watermarks, backgrounds, as well as headers, and footers. With watermarks, you can add unique watermarks to your documents to prevent theft. With background, you can change the background color of the PDF . Furthermore, headers and footers can help set the page layout.
- Batch Tools: The batch facility from UPDF allows you to batch convert , combine, insert, print, and encrypt PDFs simultaneously. Thus, you don't need to process different documents separately when you can save time using the batch tools of UPDF.
You can get UPDF Pro and its AI add-on feature at a discount price now.
Although the internet is filled with several PDF proofreading online tools that you can use to proofread and edit your PDF documents without hassles. However, selecting the right tool for yourself is a difficult task. Here you'll find 5 different PDF proofreader tools to help you get started with document proofreading and editing:
1. WordVice AI
WordVice AI is a perfect AI grammar-checking tool for documents like academic papers, assignments, SOPs, emails, whitepapers, and other types of English writing documents. Since this is an automated proofread PDF online tool, thus it checks for grammar and punctuation in a real-time scenario. Meanwhile, the tone and style of the text, including the use of vocabulary, is also corrected.
There are also sentence-level suggestions and feedback boxes to further improve your writing style with the natural use of English. With just one click, your proofreading for the text begins in an instant way.
Get your writing improved with the pdfFiller proofread PDF tool. By using pdfFiller, you can begin proofreading your PDF documents with accuracy and consistency. You simply need to upload your PDF, and the software will start processing the proofreading schema on your document. In fact, you can also edit your proofread document with different customizations and markup tools.
The platform is simple to use with easy and convenient tool navigation around. Moreover, you can share documents with your friends, relatives, or colleagues. The supported file formats include PDF, Word, PowerPoint, JPEG, PNG, and Text.
Overcome errors in your writing with Proofed Proofread PDF online tool. This specialist PDF editing service provides best-in-class proofreading and editing service to enhance the quality of your written content. After uploading your documents, you're required to select between editing and proofreading options.
You'll also need to provide details of your document and other instructions. After payment, editors will begin editing or proofreading your document, and you can therefore download the adjusted PDF from your user area.
Using the Writer proofread PDF online tool, you can extend the quality of your writing in a simplified yet efficient way. After all, this proofreading tool can ideally check for errors in writing style, spelling, grammar, tone, word choice, etc. Subsequently, when you add your text, you will also receive a response on the persisting issues in the text.
Meanwhile, this tool is backed by AI technology that acts as a perfect writing assistant to the problems in your text. This tool is a valuable assistance for teachers, business professionals, students, companies, and writers.
Make your written content more professional and consistent using Trinka editing and proofreading PDF online tools. In general, this writing tool has dedicated solutions to overcome errors and improve the writing style of your text. This is done by correcting tone, punctuation, spelling, grammar, and other writing parameters. The tool is powered by advanced AI solutions to automate the checking process.
Ideally, you can choose between US/UK writing styles to make your edited document more suited to the target audience. Meanwhile, the incorrect word choice is also rectified and sorted out.
1. What is editing vs. proofreading PDF?
Editing and proofreading are two different ways to improve the writing style of the text. Editing is commonly used to assess citations, clarity, and tone of the text within a document. In contrast, proofreading is used to eliminate grammar, punctuation, and spelling mistakes within PDF documents.
2. Can ChatGPT proofread PDFs?
Although ChatGPT cannot interact with or process PDF files directly if you use it online. But if you use the ChatGPT integrated into UPDF, you can directly use its ability to edit and proofread the PDF.
3. How do I proofread a PDF without Adobe Acrobat?
By using UPDF, you can proofread PDFs without hassles. Simply navigate into the edit function of the UPDF and replace the existing text with the new proofread text.
As the need for digital documents rises, there is the existence of more typos and other mistakes within the texts. Apparently, there's a way to manually proofread and edit the text to overcome these issues in the text, but of course, the manual process will swallow a lot of your time and resources.
The better and most reliable way is to pursue reliable proofread PDF online tools. In this article, you discovered 5 proofread PDF tools, alongside UPDF, that offer great assistance with respect to PDF editing - download it for a free trial now!
- Is Google Drive not Syncing? Try These Top 10 Solutions
- Top 10 Best Black Friday Deals 2023 You Will Regret to Miss
- 3 Ways to Open PDF in Word Professionally
- What Is the Difference Between Windows 10 and 11?
- How to Rewrite PDFs Using AI Tools For Explicit Efficiency
- [Latest] Best Watermark Creator/Maker to Create Watermarks for Photos and Documents
- 10 Heartfelt Father's Day Gift Ideas That Every Dad Deserve
- Streamline the Workflow - Learn How to Open PDF in AutoCAD
- Top 5 Fast & Easy PDF to DXF Converters in 2023
- Best Grammar Checker Free Available Online For Stress-Free Writing
- Best PDF Grammar Checker Online Tools and Apps
- Best Thoughtful Thanksgiving Gift Ideas for Teachers, Friends, and Family
- 5 Eye-Catching Tools to Watermark Photos Effortlessly
Edit, OCR, Convert, Translate, Summarize, Write PDF in One Place
- The Best Christmas Sales Online: Get Ready for the Holidays
- How to Save a Webpage as a PDF: 3 Simple Methods
- Search For Word In PDF: Find Text In Windows, Mac & Google Chrome
- 3 Simple Ways to Open PDF in Adobe, Not Chrome
- A Beginner's Guide on How to Share Large Files Like a Tech Pro
- How Can Students Improve Reading & Productivity via PDF Books?
- Where Are PDFs Stored On My Phone? Storage Locations & Editing Options
- 3 Free Tools to Convert DWF to PDF Easily (Pros and Cons Explained)
- 5 Free Ways to Convert PDF to DWG File Type
- What is a Certificate Authority? The Top 5 Certificate Authorities You Should Consider
- An Optimum Guide on Demystifying Digital Signature Certificate
- The Best Christmas Card Makers to Make Your Holiday Special
- Improve Your Work with the Best AI Chatbot Apps
- PDF vs. Word: Which Option Is Better?
- Fast and Easy Way to Remove PDF Metadata in Just a Few Clicks
- What Is PDF? Usage Guide, Differences And Best Tool
Top 4 Black Friday Mac App Deals 2023
- Streamlined Guide to Sync Files and Folders Efficiently
- Sumatra PDF Reader Review: Is it Worth Your Try?
- Top 10 Black Friday Websites with the Best Discount
- Top 5 Sites That You Can Get the Best MacBook Black Friday Deal
- iAnnotate Review: My Thoughts After Testing
How to Repair PDF Online? (Easy and Effective)
- How to Copy Signature from PDF? (Step by Step)
How to Export Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to PDF? (3 Ways)
What is ChatGPT? Taking a Closer Look at AI
What is a Legal Brief? Your Quick Guide to Legal Clarity
UPDF PDF Editor
Edit, OCR, Convert, Create, Translate, Summarize, Explain, Write PDF in One Place
Join the Partner Program
* Company Name
How can we help?
These Are the Best Tools for Tracking Online Sale Prices
Camelcamelcamel, honey, slickdeals (and more) can help you determine whether those online "deals" really are deals ..
If you’ve ever felt like you were duped by overpaying for something that was advertised as a “great deal,” you’re in the right place. It’s easy to get caught up in frenzied online shopping holidays like Prime Day or Black Friday, and retailers are known for sneaking price hikes before major “sales” or deceiving shoppers with tricks to spend more than you intended to . But there are actionable steps to take to prepare ourselves for major sales like Black Friday , which is just around the corner.
How to check price history and track prices
Figuring out the best time to buy something requires constant watch over ever-fluctuating online prices and some knowledge of how prices have changed in the past. Luckily, you don’t have to figure it all out yourself: Here are the best websites you can use to check price history and track prices so that you can be sure you’re getting the best deal possible.
CamelCamelCamel is among the best ways to track prices on Amazon products. You can install the browser extension (on Chrome and Firefox) to get access to the site’s features without leaving Amazon, or you can just copy and paste an Amazon link or product name to the website’s search bar. CamelCamelCamel shows you how the price of the item has gone up or down over time, how prices have changed through Amazon directly, and the fluctuations from third-party Amazon sellers who list new and used items.
If you sign up for a free account, you can set up alerts so the site can notify you by email when the price of an item drops below a certain amount, if you can get it used for a given price, or if it’s at an all-time low and now is a good time to buy. You can even see previous historic highs and lows and try to map out the best time to strike.
Keepa is another great browser extension alternative for Amazon products that shows you the price history directly on the Amazon page.
Honey is more than a price-checking tool with automatic coupon and price-tracking alerts. The Honey browser extension compares prices from a whole bunch of retailers, not just Amazon. You can create a Droplist, which notifies you if the prices drop for an item on your list if you’re willing to wait for a deal. Here is what creating a Droplist can do for you :
First, it’ll keep the items you want to keep tabs on organized and easily accessible. Second, it’ll track the prices of those products and alert you when they go on sale at any major retailer. You can see how much those prices cost leading up to the sale to see if they are, in fact, good deals or a trick from retailers to take advantage of you , and even compare them with other major retailers to see who has the best deal. You can see how to set up your droplist here .
The Honey extension also finds promo codes and applies them at checkout automatically when you’re shopping on a retailer’s website. Users can also collect Honey Gold, a percentage back from online purchases made at more than 4,500 stores. Gold can be traded for gift cards to stores like Amazon, Groupon, Macy’s, and more.
Honey is available on Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge and Opera.
SlickDeals is well known for bringing you up-to-the-minute discounts, coupons, and other deals from around the web, but their web-based price tracker is also great for watching prices on just about any item on Amazon and on a ton of other popular shopping sites, like Newegg, Gamestop, Chewy, Home Depot, and others.
The service doesn’t give you a detailed price-history tool like some of the others in the roundup, only showing a “deal history” under the “price intelligence” section for a few popular products. However, it will track the price of your item from when you create an alert going forward and send you an email if the price drops below a threshold that you set. You can also return to the price tracker at any time, log in to your account, and see all of your tracked items on the same screen.
Capital One Shopping
Capital One Shopping , previously known as Wikibuy, compares prices from other sellers when you shop on Amazon. The browser extension will notify you if a product you are looking at is cheaper somewhere else, and offers a summary of pricing history, estimated delivery time, and total price, including tax and shipping. If you can apply a coupon, it’ll add that too. When the price drops for a product you’ve viewed, Capital One Shopping will notify you. When you shop, you can earn credits for your purchases at some websites, like Walmart and eBay, that Capital One Shopping has partnered with. You can trade that credit for gift cards or put it toward purchases through Capital One Shopping’s site.
The extension is available for Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari, and an iOS app allows you to scan barcodes and search products to do price comparisons from your phone.
While most of the others in the roundup focus on products like electronics, apparel, household goods, and appliances, CheapShark snuck into the nominations as a great option for gamers looking to save money on video games. CheapShark combines all of the great places to get discounts on games in one place, one easily searchable directory and database of current prices from sites including Steam , GoG , Green Man Gaming , GameStop , Amazon , and more. Of course, it’s limited to video games, but you can search a game name not just to see how much it’ll cost you to buy, but even if you can buy it at all—and which retailer has it available. If you want, you can even filter by games currently on sale at their selected stores.
When you search for a specific game, CheapShark tells you what the cheapest-ever price was, when it hit that price, and gives you the choice to either go ahead and buy it from your choice of retailer or to sign up for a price notification if it drops again.