Please log in to save materials. Log in
- Resource Library
21st century literature from the philippines and the world.
Most of the learners here in our area don't have much access to the internet because there is no signal reception. They can sometimes access but only for those who can afford. So, teachers preferred modular learning. 21st Century Literature from the Philippines and the World is a senior high school subject which aims to engage students in appreciation and critical study of 21st Century Literature from the Philippines and the World, encompassing their various dimensions, genres, elements, structure, contexts, and traditions. In order to attain this, different activities are implemented. Other activities also have the need to apply multimedia and ICT skills.
This resource is a way in applying multimedia and ICT skills of the students in spite of the fact that not all of them have the accessibility on the internet. This is just a step to mold students' skill in using multimedia.
- The learner will be able to understand and appreciate the elements and contexts of 21st Century Philippine Literature.
- The learner will be able to demonstrate understanding and appreciation of 21st Century Philippine Literature from the regions.
- Compare and contrast the various 21st century literary genres and the ones from the earlier genres/periods citing their elements, structure and tradition.
- Contrast the said elements and conventions with Philippine essays from earlier periods.
- Produce a creative representation of a literary text by applying multimedia and ICT skills.
The learner will read the essay “Five Brothers, One Mother from ‘Many Mansions’ by Exie Abola (Manila)
- What defines home to you?
- If you need to leave where you are staying now, what would you do to make yourself at home?
- How does Abola’s essay dramatize the saying “home is where the heart is?”
- The learner will make a close written analysis of different literary genres through creating a blog post to be posted on his Facebook account.
- Course Finder
- Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- Grants and Scholarship Programs
- For Institutions
Senior High School Core Subject: 21st Century Literature from the Philippines and the World
21st Century Literature from the Philippines and the World is one of the core subjects of the senior high school curriculum . Some examples of the things that you will learn from taking this subject include:
- Various dimensions of Philippine literary history
- Canonical authors and works of Philippine National Artists in Literature
- Names of authors and their works
- Backgrounds of the literature from the region where the high school is located
- Regions in Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao
- Major genres (poetry, fiction, drama, creative nonfiction, as well as hyper poetry, blogs, mobile phone Texttula, chick lit, speculative fiction, flash fiction, etc.)
- Latin America
- Basic textual and contextual reading approach in the study and appreciation of literature
While studying, you will also be asked to demonstrate what you have learned by participating in class activities that may include the following:
- Writing a close analysis and critical interpretation of a literary text
- Producing a creative representation of a literary text by applying multimedia skills
- Identifying authors based on their typical writing styles
- Differentiating literary genres from the 21st century with those from previous ones
- Performing self and / or peer-assessment of the creative adaptation of a literary text based on rationalized criteria
These examples only cover the scope of the core subjects. For the scope of the contextualized and specialized subjects, please refer to their respective lists.
You may also be interested in
- Senior High School Specialized Subject: Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Senior High School Specialized Subject: Electrical Installation and Maintenance
- Senior High School Specialized Subject: Consumer Electronics Servicing
- Senior High School Specialized Subject: Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Servicing
- Senior High School Specialized Subject: Automotive Servicing
The contents of the comments section are the personal advice and opinions of their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of courses.com.ph. We reserve the right to remove any materials that we consider to be malicious, inappropriate, or in violation of existing laws in the Philippines.
Post a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Sponsored posts, featured posts.
- How to Choose the Right Course in College
- Different Types of Courses That You Can Take in the Philippines
- College Courses in the Philippines
- Tesda Courses in the Philippines
- Online Courses in the Philippines
- In Demand Jobs in the Philippines and Abroad
- Highest Paying Jobs in the Philippines as of 2015
- Tuition Fees of Colleges and Universities in the Philippines as of SY 2014-2015
- In Demand Courses in the Philippines
- Alternative Learning System Frequently Asked Questions
All articles posted on this website are the intellectual property of Courses.com.ph. You may not reproduce its content, in part or in its entirety, without prior approval.
Copyright © 2011-2018 COURSES.com.ph | All Rights Reserved
21st Century Literature from the Philippine and the World - TB
- ₱486 25 ₱486.25
21st Century from the Philippines and the World explores the literature of the 21st century. It is divided into two parts: 21st Century Philippine Literature and 21st Century World Literature.Ã‚ It helps bridge the student's knowledge of formalist literary perspectives toward more post-colonial, socio-political perspectives about literature and society.Ã‚ Although the texts included have been published from 2000 and beyond, these span concerns about the new and the old.Ã‚ This book aims to help students understand the complex world they live in through the use of literature.
Achieving True Success - Hardbound
The Mystery of History Volume 1-A Set (3rd ed)
Power for True Success - Hardbound
The Family Book of Manners
The Mystery of History Volume 1-B Set (3rd ed)